Election Day Voting Bussters for Political Optimism
1. As an act of optimism, voting is not about the outcome, but about the process. An optimistic voter gets satisfaction from the sheer act of casting a ballot regardless of who wins.
2. Optimism is increased when we have a choice and are asked for our opinion. Having no choice and receiving no interest from leaders in our opinions breeds hopelessness and helplessness.
3. Want your children to become “habitual voters”? Then be one yourself. More importantly, engage them in open discussions of politics over the dinner table. Try to make the discussion one of pros and cons and not another campaign for a vote.
4. Optimism is enhanced when we become active participants in the political process, e.g., running for office, volunteering to help a campaign, giving funds, going door to door, working the polls, or driving people to the polls.
5. Spread your voting optimism by collaborating with family and friends to encourage other family and friends to vote. Just do not pressure them to vote your way.
6. Remember optimism is enhanced when acting in service of a “higher calling” or value perspective;
Bottom Line Voting Busster
* When you make the effort to go to your “polling place” tomorrow, do not think about whether your candidate will win or lose, but instead find hope, joy and optimism in the effortful act of "pulling the lever.” Exercise your right to “choose” and make your vote count simply because it gets counted. Being COUNTED is what the OPTIMISM of ELECTION DAY is ALL ABOUT!!!
CHECK OUT OUR "OPTIMISM AND POLITICS PODCAST" - Go to http://www.mientertainment.biz; and then click on shows and then click on MI Optimism, then click to listen to the podcast.
For even more optimism check out the Moment-to-Moment Optimism blog at http://www.drrussbuss.com
# # #
About Moment to Moment: Our mission is to teach "skilled optimism"- how let go of a negative in a moment; view life as one continuous learning curve with multiple "do-over" opportunities. Products include a daily blog, seminars, publications, speaking, radio show, & coaching.