- reduce the workload on providers
- lower a centre’s water consumption
- provide an eco-friendly alternative to disposable cups
The owner of Twist-id Products, Shelly Zimmerman, has put together a process utilizing her invention and a removable naming scheme that will streamline how daycares provide drinks to their children (over three). The MyColourCup®
NT government daycare regulations state that; “
1. Each child must have independent access to fresh drinking water at all times
2. Suitable eating arrangements must be made that encourage the development of independent eating skills in children, including by using eating utensils and furniture appropriate to the age and stage of development of the children.
To abide by government regulations daycare centre’s use a combination of water bubblers, cups and water bottles to provide water to their children. Providing drinks at meal time involves using either a disposable or reusable cup. Cups without names have to be washed after each us so they are not shared. This results in an added task for the providers and a higher water consumption for centres. Disposable cups are thrown out after each use which has a negative impact on the environment and is a reoccurring centre expense.
The Gap Community Child Care Centre in Alice Springs is participating in a trial study of this new system that will eliminate some of the hassles involved with this task. They are working with the designer of this product, Shelly Zimmerman - a mumpreneur, to iron out all the details and work on process improvements. Who else but a mum would come up with an ideal that would solve the problems in identifying cups within a large group of children? The system is based on the new innovative product called the MyColourCup®
During the trial we will be working on how to integrate the system within the centre’s routine, staff training and gaining staff/kids feedback to better align the MyColourCup®
# # #
Twist-id Products is a fully incorporated Company located in Alice Springs, Australia. Twist-id Products is the online retailer of the innovative product called the MyColourCup®