EquityTrader was designed by John Bollinger, the developer of Bollinger Bands. The charts include Bollinger Bands and a wide array of technical indicators to help investors evaluate the market. Bollinger says about the redesign “the information and functionality available on EquityTrader gives traders the tools they need to make sound investment decisions, and the graphics make it easier to grasp how stocks are performing intuitively.”
A unique feature of EquityTrader is a 54-rule fuzzy logic model that evaluates stocks in two dimensions: how they have performed in the past and how they are expected to perform in the current market.
Innovative and also unique to EquityTrader is the graphic presentation of a stock’s potential and past performance using trademarked “traffic lights.” This intuitive visual presentation allows traders to survey the status of any stock with a quick glance.
Underlying the 5,000+ US equities in the EquityTrader database is a proprietary group structure that allows investors to compare stocks in the same industry group and evaluate the performance and potential of stocks, industry groups and sectors. A unique navigation tool allows easy reviews of stocks within a group/sector. Groups and sectors are presented graphically so their relative strength is readily apparent and mini charts show performance for the last week, month and year.
To highlight a few of the features that assist investors make investing decisions:
• Stock screening with mini customizable charts for better visualization and comparison
• Personal portfolios section to monitor multiple portfolios performance
• Daily lists of potential stock picks
• Index ticker crawler to keep track of the latest indices quotes at all times
• Intraday new highs/lows table showing the latest 52 week highs and lows
• Intraday market sector changes with the latest market sector price changes
• Equity structure changes that allow easy comparisons of price changes for a stock to its group, sector and overall market
• Fundamentals data table with essential fundamentals data related to each stock
• Latest news pertaining to any requested chart
• A “Popular Among ET Users” widget lists the most popular stock charts currently being requested by site users
• Intraday most active stocks
• Intraday biggest movers for up to date stock winners and losers
• Proprietary industry group structure that allows correlation of the performance and potential ratings for each stock with its group, sector, and group members in multiple timeframes
Most of EquityTrader is free for registered users. A paid subscription Pro section is available which provides trading signal alerts, Bollinger Bands patterns, comprehensive stock ratings, stock screening and extended advanced chart tools for only $25 month after a free 30-day trial.
About John Bollinger
John Bollinger is probably best known for his Bollinger Bands, which have been widely accepted and integrated into most of the analytical software currently in use. His book “Bollinger on Bollinger Bands” was published in 2001 by McGraw Hill and has been translated into nine languages. He is the president and founder of Bollinger Capital Management, Inc., an investment management company that provides technically driven money management services. The firm also develops and provides proprietary research for institutions and individuals.
Mr. Bollinger has published the Capital Growth Letter since 1987 and is interviewed regularly on television and radio. He is a speaker at financial seminars worldwide and the founder of several financial websites: www.EquityTrader.com, www.FundsTrader.com, www.BollingerBands.com, www.BollingerOnBollingerBands.com, www.GroupPower.com, www.PatternPower.com, www.MarketTechnician.com and www.BBForex.com.
John Bollinger is the recipient of the 2005 Market Technicians Association Annual Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Field of Technical Analysis.
# # #
Bollinger Capital has been providing technically driven money management services since 1988. The firm also develops proprietary research for institutions and individuals, and has eight internet websites that provide analysis of the financial markets.