3rd Regional Georgian ICT Development and Cyber Security Event GITI 2010, November 10-12, 2010, Tbilisi, Georgia
Partnerships for Competitiveness, Innovation and Cyber Security!
ICT Business Council of Georgia
The State Commission of E-Governance Development of Georgia
LEPL Data Exchange Agency of Ministry of Justice of Georgia
With the support of:
NATO-Georgia Professional Development Programme, Trustcorp (Estonia), US Embassy in Tbilisi
The major objective is to establish and promote effective partnerships among the public and the private sectors, associations and other IT&T industry related organizations in the Central and East Europe, Baltic States, Caucasus and Middle Asia region to promote competitiveness, innovation and security.
During this event we shall see how to maximize the economic gains from ICT and seek to identify the critical success factors that policymakers and managers must address to improve the rewards of ICT since economic growth in developed countries is strongly linked to ICT development.
Georgia, like Armenia, Azerbaijan, and all countries in the region, is in the emerging state of the e-era. Potential support, technical advice and plans for strengthening the financial structure are fundamental necessities for a successful e-Georgia and next e-Caucasus, e-Region. Fast processing mechanism, one-window-payment system, distance-learning, e-business help transparent administration, economic development and the development of people.
This year for the first time GITI event will pay special attention to cyber security. This year’s event will aim to attract policymakers and society’s attention to the cyber security challenges and finding out tools for regional partnership and cooperation.
The purpose of the award ceremony is to credit governmental and private entities for good work and best practices and encourage them and others to invest their time and energy in further development of the IT field.
Highlights of the GITI 2010:
• Powerful conference agenda to keep you up to date with the latest on the IT, Cyber Security and its applications
• Sessions addressing a wide spectrum of technology, business and application issues
• Panel discussions providing a Georgian and international perspectives on best practices and how further innovations can create a better foundation for FDI
Leading tracks of the conference:
• Cyber Security
• Regional Telecommunication Market Development
• Policy Development
• Capacity Building
• Socio-economic implications of ITs
Benefits of the GITI 2010:
• Exchange of good practice and cooperation between representatives of ICT industry, CIOs, business executives, public sector and representatives from other fields;
• Information on ICT market and future development trends;
• Co-operation in cross-border projects in the Caucasus, Baltic Sea, Middle Asia Regions, Central and Eastern European Countries;
• Development of expert and organizational networks;
• Discussions, exchange of experience and an opportunity to develop new contacts;
• The right place for government and international organizations officials and policy makers, industry leaders, executives and ICT experts to meet;
• Ability to find new ideas, new clients and new co-operation partners.
Who should attend:
• Government officials and decision makers;
• Business executives and directors;
• ICT managers and specialists;
• ICT auditors, consultants and investors;
• Marketing and new service managers;
• ICT companies, international trade organizations and associations;
• SMEs and municipalities;
• Innovative skills and security experts, lawyers;
• Electronic services stakeholders and potential users;
• Information society leaders;
• Project managers and education administrators;
• Education and academic sector representatives.
• Participation in the conference is free of charge!
• Only registered participants will have access to the conference hall and award ceremony, coffee breaks and refreshments;
Request for applications for presenters/participants!!!
If you want to nominate one or more of your projects for the awards, request for application B! Deadline for submitting filled-in Application B is Friday, October 15, 2010 COB. Please contact us for further details about nominations.
Contac details for any other questions:
Giga Shubitidze: e-mail: GITI2010@ictbc.ge;
Irakli Gvenetadze: e-mail: GITI2010@ictbc.ge;
Nino Bigvava: e-mail: GITI2010@ictbc.ge;
German Business Association Tbilisi, DWVG
28 Mtskheta str, Tbilisi, Georgia