1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release
  1. PR Home
  2. Latest News
  3. Feeds
  4. Alerts
  5. Submit Free Press Release
  6. Journalist Account
  7. PRNewswire Distribution
Cochrane & Associates, LLC Logo

IAQ Marketing Specialist Reveals his Personal Fight with Mold

A fungal infection caused by Coccidioides immitis, also known as Valley Fever, took its toll on Paul Cochrane, President of Cochrane & Associates, LLC.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

 
PRLog (Press Release) - Oct. 12, 2010 - In the October 2010 issue of Indoor Environment Connections a personal story of one of the industry’s own is detailed in an article entitled, “A Fungal Infection of the Lungs”.  The article details the story of the president and founder of the IAQ industry’s only dedicated marketing and public relations company and his battle with a life threatening fungal infection.  

The story begins in November of 2009 when Mr. Cochrane awoke to a shortness of breath that eventually landed him in an emergency room later that day.  Fears of a potential heart attack were quickly dismissed and replaced by new concerns over a growth discovered on his lung.

The article discusses the process of discovery that lead to a diagnosis of a fungal infection from Coccidioides immitis.  The infection reduced the 39 year old’s lung capacity to that of a 72 year old and lead to a 6 month regimen of cat scans, blood work and antifungal medications to eliminate the fungal lung infection.

“Coccidioidomycosis is caused by inhaling fungal spores that are found in desert regions of Arizona, California and surrounding areas,” reported Mr. Cochrane.  “According to medical reports about 60% of the time someone becomes infected with Valley Fever there are no symptoms.  For the other 40% of the time the reaction ranges from mild to severe.  Left untreated, coccidioidomycosis infections can spread from the lungs to the brain, liver, heart and other organs in the human body often resulting in death.  I am grateful for my early diagnosis and the care I received that has returned my health back to normal.  The whole experience has provided me with a new appreciation for all that the professionals in the IAQ industry do each day to protect others from infections from mold and other microbial pathogens.”  

The full article can be read at http://www.ieconnections.com/pdfs/newsletter/2010/IEC-10-... beginning on page 14 of the publication.

Industry professionals can learn more about marketing their IAQ and environmental businesses by contacting info@cochraneassoc.com, visiting http://www.cochraneassoc.com & http://www.IAQTV.com, or calling (602) 510-3179.

# # #

About Cochrane & Associates, LLC
Cochrane & Associates is a business development, public relations and marketing consulting firm that specializes in the environmental, mold and indoor air quality industries. The company has worked with many of the industries’ leading institutions and companies. They are also the innovators behind the IAQ Video Network.

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@cochraneassoc.com Email Verified
Source:Cochrane & Associates, LLC
Phone:602-510-3179
Zip:85383
City/Town:Peoria - Arizona - United States
Industry:Environment, Health, Construction
Tags:iaq, indoor air quality, mold, lead, asbestos, valley fever, HVAC, ih
Shortcut:prlog.org/10994423
Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Latest Press Releases By “

More...

Trending News...



  1. SiteMap
  2. Privacy Policy
  3. Terms of Service
  4. Copyright Notice
  5. About
  6. Advertise
Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share