The story begins in November of 2009 when Mr. Cochrane awoke to a shortness of breath that eventually landed him in an emergency room later that day. Fears of a potential heart attack were quickly dismissed and replaced by new concerns over a growth discovered on his lung.
The article discusses the process of discovery that lead to a diagnosis of a fungal infection from Coccidioides immitis. The infection reduced the 39 year old’s lung capacity to that of a 72 year old and lead to a 6 month regimen of cat scans, blood work and antifungal medications to eliminate the fungal lung infection.
“Coccidioidomycosis is caused by inhaling fungal spores that are found in desert regions of Arizona, California and surrounding areas,” reported Mr. Cochrane. “According to medical reports about 60% of the time someone becomes infected with Valley Fever there are no symptoms. For the other 40% of the time the reaction ranges from mild to severe. Left untreated, coccidioidomycosis infections can spread from the lungs to the brain, liver, heart and other organs in the human body often resulting in death. I am grateful for my early diagnosis and the care I received that has returned my health back to normal. The whole experience has provided me with a new appreciation for all that the professionals in the IAQ industry do each day to protect others from infections from mold and other microbial pathogens.”
The full article can be read at http://www.ieconnections.com/
Industry professionals can learn more about marketing their IAQ and environmental businesses by contacting email@example.com, visiting http://www.cochraneassoc.com & http://www.IAQTV.com, or calling (602) 510-3179.
# # #
About Cochrane & Associates, LLC
Cochrane & Associates is a business development, public relations and marketing consulting firm that specializes in the environmental, mold and indoor air quality industries. The company has worked with many of the industries’ leading institutions and companies. They are also the innovators behind the IAQ Video Network.