The Centre is preparing to serve 1,600 meals this Thanksgiving. Guests will enjoy a roast turkey dinner with gravy and cranberry sauce followed by pumpkin pie served by 50 volunteers.
For the meal, kitchen staff and volunteers have:
• roasted and sliced 120 turkeys, each weighing 7 to 9 kilograms;
• peeled and cooked 1,200 544 kilos of potatoes;
• cooked 227 kilos of vegetables;
• made 272 kilos of stuffing;
• prepared 57 litres of gravy;
• readied 100 dozen dinner rolls;
• sliced 250 pumpkin pies.
Good Shepherd Ministries’ meal program serves an average of 1,100 meals free of charge to anyone in need every day of the year. For more information about the meal program and Good Shepherd Ministries’ other services for those in need, visit www.goodshepherd.ca
For Details, Contact:
Director, Fundraising and Public Relations
Good Shepherd Ministries
Phone (416) 869-3619, ext. 223
Fax (416) 869-0510
# # #
Good Shepherd Ministries is a charity located in downtown Toronto. We provide food, shelter, clothing and other vital services for homeless and vulnerable people. We strive to promote and protect human dignity.