PRLog - Sep. 29, 2010 - BOZEMAN, Montana – The calendar says autumn is here, but after a bustling summer, the folks at Simms Fishing Products are already ramping up for January 2011. That’s when Simms is set to deliver fly-fishing’
The Simms Cocona men's polo for 2011
Simms, the only manufacturer of GORE-TEX® waders in the U.S., has long had a product line unparalleled in the fly-fishing industry. The line gets stronger, deeper and even more diverse in 2011.
“The entire Simms team has really taken our entire product line to the next level,” said K.C. Walsh, president of Simms. “Not only are we updating some of our rock-solid standbys, but we’re also bringing innovative, thoughtful new products that address the needs of anglers in a wide range of fresh or saltwater fishing conditions.”
Highlights of Simms’ 2011 product line include:
* Three new GORE-TEX® footwear pieces. The Pursuit GORE-TEX® Shoe Mid and Low and the Harbor GORE-TEX® Shoe are designed for comfort and style both on and off the water. The shoes feature GORE-TEX® membrane, non-marking Vibram® outsoles and OrthoLite® memory foam sockliners for superior comfort.
* The Rivertek® Boa® wading boot. Made with Simms’ CleanStream™
* An expansive sportswear line. Highlights include the new Rogue fleece hoody (available in Simms camo) and shirts for men and women featuring Cocona® fabric, a sustainable technology utilizing recycled coconut shells in the fabric. Cocona sportswear offers the ultimate in evaporative cooling, odor management and UV protection without chemical treatments.
* Expanded offerings for women. New items include five styles of shirts (including one with No Fly Zone™ insect-repellent technology), two styles of pants (one with No Fly Zone™), and a new GORE-TEX® Soft Shell Women’s Guide jacket.
* A range of sportswear and sun protective clothing designed especially for warm weather anglers. Additions and updates include surf shorts, Solarflex™ shirts, the lightweight water-resistant Runabout Shell, a SunGaiter, a SunSleeve™
* More offerings in outwear. New for 2011 is the incredibly packable WINDSTOPPER®
About Simms Fishing Products
Established in 1980, Simms Fishing Products is the recognized leader in guide-quality fishing waders, outerwear, footwear and apparel. Simms GORE-TEX® waders are proudly made in the USA. Their full line of gear is available at specialty and large format retailers nationwide. For more information on Simms, please visit www.simmsfishing.com.
# # #
About Simms Fishing Products
Established in 1980, Simms Fishing Products is the recognized leader in guide-quality fishing waders, outerwear, footwear and apparel. Simms GORE-TEX® waders are proudly made in the USA. Their full line of gear is available at specialty and large format retailers nationwide. For more information on Simms, please visit http://www.simmsfishing.com.