Bob Coleman, Editor of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter for small business bankers, has gathered three experts on small business lending to participate in the webinar.
• Paul Merski, Chief Economist, Independent Community Bankers of America Prior to joining ICBA in 1999, Paul was a top policy advisor to Senator Connie Mack (R-FL), advising him in his duties as a member of the Senate Finance and Banking Committees, and he served as the Chief Economist of the Joint Economic Committee of Congress.
• Kent Hoover, Washington Bureau Chief, American City Business Journals Kent was named one of the 30 most powerful voices for small businesses in Washington by Fortune Small Business magazine in 2000 and one of 19 "Best Friends in D.C." for small businesses by Inc. Magazine in 2006.
• Tom Wallace, President, IDS Corporation Independent Development Services (IDS) Corporation is a SBA Certified Development Company whose "mission is to revolutionize the way 504 loans are provided to borrowers by providing the most efficient vehicle for both lenders and borrowers to utilize the SBA 504 programs". Tom serves on the Board of Directors of the National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders (NAGGL), the SBA lender's trade association.
During the webinar, these experts will :
• Summarize the key HR 5297 provisions including larger 7(a) loans, a temporary 90% loan guarantee program, and a one-year increase in SBA Express maximum loan size.
• Discuss how this legislation will impact community banks.
• Review the steps for managing the SBA programs and the loan guarantees.
• Explain how the $30 billion loan fund will be administered by the Treasury.
• Respond to webinar listeners' questions.
Webinar participation is available to anyone who would like to participate at a cost of $189 per location. Join us on Friday October 1, 2010 at 2pm EST for a highly informative dialogue. To register or for additional information, contact Bob Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
Coleman Publishing is an online media company covering the small business banking industry. The founder, Bob Coleman, is the national expert in small business lending.
Coleman Publishing is your source for the latest news in small business lending.