You will need to know how to optimize PhysX for an AMD ATI card. Even the nVidia GTX 470 will run the Mafia II with problems. ATI 5850 or 5850 vs Nvidia GTX 470 or 480 cards, which one is better? The result is:
* gtx 470 vs. HD 5850 = gtx 470 wins
* gtx 480 vs. HD 5870 = gtx 480 wins
However, if you just got the AMD card, you need to get Physx working for AMD ATI in Mafia 2. ATI 5870 is just reapplying the Hyrbid Physx Patch 1.04FF after installing Mafia II. GTX 470 is absolutely overkill for PhysX when using it as a dedicated card. XFX HD 5850 card can run the Mafia II game on the highest settings and in DX11.
Mafia 2 PhysX on ATI Graphics Card Issue Fixed
1. You can buy some Nvidia card to run PHysx with their ATI card for Mafia II. Nvidia would have been able to have their cards in nearly all gaming ATI systems by now. Turns out Nvidia has deliberate screwed over the CPU code for PhysX to sell more cards.
You can still use your AMD drivers. but you need to use Nvidia beta driver. As the main card or as dedicated PhysX card. PhysX requires you to have an NVIDIA GPU. You can download the new Nvidia drivers below.
* NVIDIA ForceWare 260.63 Drivers Improved for GTX 460 / 480 Graphics for Gaming
2. Or to download the latest AMD drivers such as ATI Catalyst 10.9, ATI Catalyst 10. 8 drivers for HD5850, HD5870 graphics cards in order to play Mafia 2.
* AMD ATI Catalyst 10.9 Driver
* AMD ATI Catalyst 10.8 Driver
* Fix Mafia II Errors, Crashes, ATI, PhysX and Graphics Bugs
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics Driver to Play Starcraft 2 Smoothly
* Full Guide to Fix Nvidia GeForce/ION 258.96 WHQL Driver Not Work Problem
# # #
Downloadatoz.com is the world's leading software download site, which is established in July 2001. DownloadAtoZ is known by almost 90% PC users, it has become a well-known brand for software. The team of DownloadAtoZ dedicated to gaining a lot of honor.