Step 1. Make sure your PC is powerful enough to run the Civilization 5 game. Your computer should have the specs as the recommended requirements shown below:
* CPU: Intel Quad-core processor 1.8GHz
* Memory: 4.0GB
* Video Card: nVidia GeForce 9800 / ATI 4800
* DirectX: DirectX 11
Step 2. Update your PC drivers for CPU, video card graphics, audio sound. Here are some latest and powerful drivers for this game you can download directly. You can refer this guide for update drivers: How to Update to ATI Catalyst 10.8 Driver from ATI Catalyst 10.5, or How to Update ATI Mobility Radeon HD Graphics Card Driver in Win7
* AMD ATI Catalyst 10.9 Driver
* Realtek AC'97 Audio 5.37 Driver for Win7/Vista
* Realtek HD Audio Driver 2.52 for Windows 7/Vista/XP
* Mobile Intel HM55 Express Chipset Drivers for Windows 7/XP/Vista
Detailed Civilization 5 Errors: Crashes or Glitches Solutions:
Civilization 5 Errors: Crashes or Glitches Solutions Guide
1. Civilization 5 Game Freezes Solution
The game freezes for some users at seemingly random times. Lowering the graphics on leaders solves the problem. That can be true if the link between game engine and the Video options interface are completely messed up since Civilization 5 crashes.
2. Civilization V "Out of Memory" Error Solution
Reducing your graphics to a lower setting may solve this problem. If not, find the value in the config(ini) file, "HideOutOfVRamWarning"
3. Civilization 5 Intro Movie Solution
Go To: "My DocumentsMy GamesSid Meiers Civilization 5" and open usersettings.ini in Notepad. About 15 lines down you will find "SkipIntroVideo = 0". Change this value to 1. This will skip the intro video and you will be entered to the game menu directly.
4. Civilization 5 Error Code: -5009: 0x8000ffff Solution
Clean the temp folder. If that doesn't work, fix corrupt install shield files. Go to "C:Program FilesCommon FilesInstallShieldProfessionalRunTime,"
5. Civilization 5 Won't Install from Disc Solution
Requires download from Steam. Try deleting all the game files and re-install the game using setup.exe from the disk.
6. Civilization V Black Screen Out of Range Error Solution
This error happens because your monitor can't display the default resolutions. So you have to change the video settings. Right click on "Civilization V" in Steam -> Properties -> Set launch options. Add "-w 1024 -h 768 -refresh 60". Run the game again, and change video settings in game options to this resolution and refresh rate.
7. Civilization Broken DirectX 10 DirectX 11 Launcher Solution
If you get DirectX error on running the launcher, go to properties of Steam.exe and turn off "Compatibility mode". Click "Change settings for all users" in order to un-grey the Compatibility mode. After that everything will work perfectly.
* AMD Catalyst 10.9 Fixes Bugs for Window 7 Games
* AMD Catalyst 10.9 Windows XP Driver for ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphics
* Fix Battlefield:
* Sound drivers and game port drivers that are included in Windows XP
# # #
Downloadatoz.com is the world's leading software download site, which is established in July 2001. DownloadAtoZ is known by almost 90% PC users, it has become a well-known brand for software. The team of DownloadAtoZ dedicated to gaining a lot of honor.