According to the Social Security Administration, more than 12 million Americans receive Social Security disability benefits each year. Yet those benefits are not always easy to get, even for people who suffer from a legitimate disability and cannot work.
More than 3 million people apply for Social Security disability benefits every year, but many of them have to hire a disability attorney before they receive any compensation. That’s because only 35% of SSD cases come out in the applicant’s favor within the first 120 days. The rest of the cases head into a lengthy appeals process. An SSD case that exhausts all possible appeals routes can take over a year and a half to resolve, and can even wind up in Federal Court.
How can JamesDisablityLaw.com help?
JamesDisabilityLaw.com was created to teach people about every facet of the Social Security disability process. Since 1981, James Publishing has produced 6 disability law books that are used as a resource by disability lawyers all over the country. Those books have long been considered the go-to authority for Social Security disability information. However, James Publishing has decided to give much of its research to the general public. JamesDisabilityLaw.com pulls information from all 6 books, and operates as a free online source for SSD advice.
JamesDisabilityLaw.com offers expert advice on virtually any Social Security disability issue, including:
- What conditions usually qualify for Social Security disability
- How to document disability symptoms
- How to file for Social Security disability
- When to file for Social Security disability
- How much the average disability attorney costs
- How long applicants will have to wait for a hearing
- What applicants can expect in a hearing
- The biggest mistakes people make while going through the SSD process
- Links to disability lawyers all over the country
- A glossary of common terms used during the SSD process
For more information, or to find a qualified disability lawyer, log onto http://www.jamesdisabilitylaw.com.
# # #
JamesDisabilityLaw.com is a legal information site produced by James Publishing Inc. James Publishing is a leading law book publisher recognized by many attorneys to be the authority in legal information.