The Android Physical Asset Tacking app allows an organization to determine current status, total utilization, depreciation levels and maintenance history.
Assets are different than inventory. Assets are the tools, computers and equipment used in the business and requires unique barcode identifiers. Inventory is based on quantity, is typically sold, and can usually be tracked by the non-unique UPC/EAN numbers on a retail box.
The Android Physical Asset Tracking App let’s an organization:
• Track where their assets are and how long they've been there.
• For portable equipment, such as with tools used in construction, the app utilizes Android’s GPS capability to record the assets location. Coupled with the ability to record scheduled maintenance, the app can help ensure that required service and inspections are met.
• Generate reports for managing the assets and the costs associated with them while reducing the occurrences of assets disappearing.
• Track asset utilization (see which assets are heavily used and which are rarely used)
• You’ll have a fast and easy means to assign assets to people and or places and manage the timely return of assets for use by other people.
• Details including cost, depreciation and scheduled maintenance, can be retrieved by using the smartphone to scan the asset’s barcode.
The “Physical Asset Tracking” app is available in the Android marketplace for $8.99. An option for web-based management of records is also available on a subscription basis. Web-based management allows multiple users in an organization to synch transactions such as asset checkout/check-
The web-based counterpart to the Android app allows secure access to your data from any standard web-browser.
“Smartphones with GPS and barcode scanning capability, coupled with cloud computing technology, enable burgeoning small businesses to incorporate productivity enhancing tools that were previously employed primarily by large businesses” explained Aridhio Technologies’
# # #
About Aridhio Technologies
Aridhio Technologies Inc leverages advances in wireless, the web and computing to deliver easy to use productivity applications. Their mission is to link people and things that consume information with people and things that collect, process and disseminate information. For more information, visit www.aridhio.com or call 815-577-2024.