CXO Solutions, provider of the CXO-Cockpit Reporting Suite, the advanced web-based Oracle EPM | Hyperion Reporting and Analysis platform, announces the results of its research among its customer and prospect base. The main question we have researched was: “What are the most common improvements Hyperion users are looking for when it comes down to using the native Hyperion reporting tools” says Marcel Vlug, CEO of CXO Solutions.
“We came to the conclusion that there are roughly 8 improvements Hyperion customers come up with when they try to answer this question”, continues Marcel Vlug;
The 8 most common improvements and or frustrations are:
1. Managers ask for a more intuitive and graphical way to receive the crucial Hyperion Management Information.
2. Reporting teams are frustrated with the repetitive manual work they have to go through every single reporting period and people desire an automated way of delivering the Hyperion information.
3. Group Controllers and CFO’s want to further limit the use of Excel within the reporting environment in order to reduce the risks of making errors.
4. Managers want the Hyperion Reports delivered faster and via the Web with online analytical drill-down capabilities.
5. Reporting teams are struggling with keeping the several separate native Hyperion Reporting tools in sync with all the changes in the underlying Hyperion model.
6. Users value sophisticated commenting capabilities with the Hyperion Management Information.
7. CFO’s want to use on-line presentation capabilities for internally or even externally stakeholders (like for instance analysts).
8. Controllers want to combine Hyperion data with other important non-Hyperion (i.e operational data) sources within the same Management Information platform.
“The main reason why we have researched this matter is to validate whether we have made the right choices within our solution stack to meet these improvements people are looking for”, says Wouter Born, COO of CXO Solutions. “We are indeed pleased with this outcome because it shows that we can almost always help Hyperion users to obtain these improvements with the CXO-Cockpit Reporting Suite”. “Furthermore, we have seen that roughly 30% of the respondents have no real issues with their Hyperion reporting environment”
About the CXO-Cockpit Community: CXO Solutions delivers the CXO-Cockpit in a concept of co-creation. Its development is based on the best practices approach derived from the CXO-Cockpit Community. The CXO-Cockpit Community is a network of CFO’s, finance professionals from large organizations and University professors sharing their best practices for presentation of financial data. The Community ultimately drives the further development of the CXO-Cockpit.
Contact: Wouter Born, COO at CXO Solutions. +31 88 238 0844. www.cxo-cockpit.com
# # #
The CXO-Cockpit is an advanced Reporting and Analysis platform for Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Enterprise (HE), Hyperion Essbase or Hyperion Planning that can be implemented in a short time frame at a low TCO.