The event, held August 16 – 18, offered attendees presentations on micro and macroeconomic topics, fluid power market forecasts, and featured three special case study examples of how suppliers and distributors are adding value to the supply chain through technological advancements and creative partnerships. This year’s conference was filled with presentations from guest speakers including:
• U.S. and Global Economic Forecast - Alan Beaulieu, Institute for Trend Research (ITR)
• Managing Your Business in a World with Hard-to-Forecast Sales - Dr. Bill Conerly, Conerly Consulting, LLC
• Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview - Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants, Inc.
• Fluid Power Market Forecast - Jim Meil, Eaton Corporation
• Legislative Update for the Industry – Aric Newhouse, National Association of Manufacturers (NAM)
Mobile and Industrial Outlook breakouts featured:
• Heavy Trucks - Eric Starks, FTR Associates
• Agriculture Machinery – Kelvin Leibold, Iowa State University
• Construction Machinery - Frank Manfredi, Manfredi & Associates, Inc.
• Industrial Markets - Dan Meckstroth, MAPI, Inc.
• Material Handling and Metalworking Machinery - Ken Kramer, Global Insight
• Wind Power – Dale Reckman, The Global Wind Network
Be sure to plan now to attend the NFPA’s 2011 Industry and Economic Outlook Conference being held August 15-17, 2011 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel - Schaumburg, Illinois. See you there!
# # #
NFPA provides a forum for the fluid power industry’s channel partners—manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, customers and educators.