The serious game sector is expected to grow significantly in the medium term. IDATE estimates that it currently generates 1.5 billion EUR in revenue around the globe, and that by 2015 sales will be almost seven times what they are in 2010 – with an average annual growth rate of 47% between 2010 and 2015. Plus, we can expect to see the business world’s interest in serious games increase around 2013, and especially small and medium enterprises (SME) whose awareness of these tools is still rather limited.
An original value chain
The value chain for serious games has fewer links than the classic video game chain. The most common structure is a single player that handles the development, publication, distribution and sales of its games. A great many players actually publish only a single title whose sales and installation/
As a result, serious games cannot do away with:
• professional support for the game;
• an associated service (aside from management of the application and its functionalities in software-as-
- trains future users of the serious game, whether they are professionals, citizens, consumers or students;
- regularly tailors the application to the situation;
- configures the game, possibly remotely, according to the targeted users, patient, citizen or learner/student;
- collects the results from use of the serious game, interprets them, shares them and injects them back into the gameplay to help the player progress.
IDATE: Serious Games:
IDATE: More market data and market reports:
# # #
markt-studie.de, founded in 2002 has emerged as a leading online portal for market surveys and market research in German speaking areas. Four years later the English language portal reports-research.com was introduced due to the extraordinary success of the portal. Again one year later estudio-mercado.es - the Spanish spoken portal - was founded. The objective of the three portals is to competently and efficiently support consultants and decision makers in management, sales and marketing in the search for worldwide market research. Prospective buyers can look into more than 60,000 market surveys from more than 200 international publishers, current market data for more than 6,000 branches worldwide, 10,000 company profiles as well as a free-of-charge research and recommendation service for individual market research.