This year’s event features the popular “G8 Think Tank,” which was established as a neutral platform to provide practitioners with an opportunity to understand the shared vision of the thought leaders driving the industry. Once again this year, SSON Asia members have voted to rate sell-side companies as thought leaders, and the winners have agreed to unite and help shape a common agenda by building a vision for the future goals of the industry based on common ground; challenging mainstream thinking and debating the options; stripping away the growing complexity of sourcing maps and models; and explaining in lay terms the critical considerations that need to be prioritized.
Moderated by Nisha Pillai, an anchor with BBC World News, the 2010 G8 panelists are:
• Paul Prendergast, Lead Finance & Performance Management Group, Accenture
• Sakuntala Rao, Vice President – F&A Practice, IBM
• Colin Sampson, SVP & CFO, Asia Pacific Japan, SAP
• Paul J. Zanker, Director, Advisory, PricewaterhouseCoopers
• Hugo Walkinshaw, Principal, Deloitte
• Egidio Zarella, Global Partner in Charge, IT Advisory, KPMG
• Neil Emerson, Vice President & Managing Director, Asia, HP
• Michael Counsel, Senior Director Strategic Programs Asia Pacific, Oracle Corporation
Another much anticipated event at the conference is SSON’s Asian Shared Services Excellence Awards, which will be presented at the awards dinner ceremony on Tuesday, 21 September. Entries are still being accepted until 13 August for the Shared Services Excellence Awards (Asia Region). Nominations can be made in five categories:
• Best Mature Captive Services Delivery (3+ years)
• Best Mature Outsourced Services Delivery (3+ years)
• Best New Captive Services Delivery (Under 3 years)
• Best New Outsourced Services Delivery (Under 3 years)
• Contribution to Industry Thought Leader
The agenda for this year’s event consists of numerous concurrent sessions that examine topics such as the maturity of the outsourcing model, change management best practices, benchmarking and other compelling subjects. Individual sessions that focus on the strengths and weaknesses of Malaysia, India and China are designed to help attendees understand location-specific labor arbitrage issues, cultural nuances and workforce readiness.
"The Annual Asian Shared Services & Outsourcing Week is an excellent platform to gain knowledge about SSC. It's a one stop solution to move further in SSC in your organization,"
Click for more information about the 13th Annual Asian Shared Services and Outsourcing Week here.
About the Shared Services & Outsourcing Network (SSON)
SSON is the largest and most established community of shared services and outsourcing professionals, with over 35,000 members.
SSON provides the roof under which key industry experts and organizations share their experience, knowledge and tools, and practitioner peers connect with other all over the world, both face to face and online.
SSON focuses on developing its members through providing training, tools, and networking opportunities. Its staff works from international offices in New York, London, Singapore, Sydney, Berlin and Dubai to research current trends and developments in shared services.
More information about the Shared Services & Outsourcing Network (SSON) can be found at www.ssonetwork.com. Stay up to date with SSON’s latest twitter posts at twitter.com/
Note to editors: Trademarks and registered trademarks referenced herein remain the property of their respective owners.