The website, www.helpforheroeshomepage.com, due to launch on Thursday 29th July, will give people the chance to show their support by leaving a personal message from themselves for the world to see. The aim of the website is to show our heroes they are not forgotten, and that we are all aware of the sacrifices they have made for our benefit.
Visitors to the website will be able to see all the latest messages that are continuously updated, or, they will be able to search for particular messages containing specified names or phrases. The website also hopes to raise some money for the Help for Heroes charity by charging a small fee of £3.50 to leave a message.
Daniel commented: “The idea came from hearing, on more than one occasion, none more so than David Beckham, that many of our heroes feel that they are forgotten. My goal was to create something that could raise money, whilst giving our heroes that personal touch to go with it, so that they have a constant reminder that they are not forgotten. I feel the website gives us people back at home a chance to really show our support.
Help for Heroes was founded by Bryn and Emma Parry in October 2007 out of a desire to help the wounded Servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq and provides direct, practical support to those injured in the current conflicts.
Please contact Daniel Mckee on 01642 782459 or 07855443035 for further information or log onto www.helpforheroeshomepage.com to show your support.
- ends -
For more information please contact Daniel Mckee by:
Address: Ashleigh, Aislaby Road, Eaglescliffe, TS16 0QJ
Home Phone: 01642 782459
Mobile Phone: 07855 443035
Website Email (Not before Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
ABOUT H4H – www.helpforheroes.org.uk
• Help for Heroes (H4H) is an independent British charity, founded by Bryn and Emma Parry in October 2007 out of a desire to help members of the Armed Forces who have been injured in the course of serving their country
• Of the money raised to date for H4H, nearly all of it has been either spent or allocated to provide facilities and support services that benefit British servicemen and women injured in action. For more information on how we spend your money visit www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
• In its brief history, the Charity has struck a chord with the British public and attracted some high profile backing from members of the royal family such as HRH Prince of Wales, HRH Princes William and Harry to members of the pop industry such as James Blunt, Simon Cowell and X Factor finalists who went onto release a chart topping hit “Hero” to raise funds for the Charity. It became the fastest selling charity single of the decade.
• Patrons of the Charity include Ross Kemp, Monty Halls, James Blunt, Ken Hames and many others, as well as Founder Patrons Jeremy and Francie Clarkson.
ABOUT H4H TRADING
• Help for Heroes Trading retails a wide range of tri-coloured, Help for Heroes branded merchandise to fund the Charity’s operational costs so that all donations go to the wounded servicemen and women.
• Emma Parry is MD of Help for Heroes Trading.
# # #
About Help For Heroes Homepage: We are a new company set up to support help for heroes charity.
Our website is unique because it goves visitors to leave a personal message of support for our heroes, as well as sipporting them financially. The aim of the website is to remind our heroes they are not forgotten.