Led by long-time Tiki Community members (including some board members of the Tiki Software Community Association)
* Payment system using "CCLite" (a free software web application to support Community Currency management within and among barter networks)
* Fixing encoding issues (when upgrading Tiki under certain specific scenarios)
* Cron-like features (such as automatically changing tracker item status and sending email users if their tracker items do change within a specific amount of time. This is especially useful for Barter networks and Bug Trackers.
* Identifying ways (through the Newsletters and Group Watches featurse) to allow Tiki site administrators to easily distribute content to users, while allowing the users an option to unsubscribe
* New profile "Easy Blog" to easily install common blogging features (such as blog archives, image headers, etc.) for Tiki sites (http://profiles.tikiwiki.org/
For details on what was discussed, see http://tikiwiki.org/
In addition to code development, the TikiFesters took the opportunity to socialize amongst themselves and sample all that Barcelona has to offer, such as:
* Mediterranean beaches
* Local and international cuisine
* Local beverages (to help stimulate discussions!)
* Discovering hidden spots in Barcelona city and exploring tbhe local history
* Enjoying the gorgeous city sites
For complete details on Barcelona TikiFest, see http://tikiwiki.org/
A tradition in the Tiki community, a TikiFest is a meeting between Tiki community members (that usually only meet online). This is an opportunity to socialize, code and discuss about wiki technology and culture, etc.
Upcoming TikiFests include:
* August 15, 2010 in Ottawa, Canada (and online)
* August 27, 2010 in Montreal, Canada
* October 3, 2010 in New York City, USA
* November 14, 2010 in Berlin, Germany
* August 2, 2011 in Haifa, Israel
For more information, see the Tiki Community calendar at http://info.tikiwiki.org/
# # #
Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware is a full-featured, web-based, multilingual (35+ languages), tightly integrated, all-in-one Wiki+CMS+Groupware, Free Source Software (GNU/LGPL), using PHP, MySQL, Zend Framework, jQuery and Smarty. Actively developed by a very large international community, Tiki can be used to create all kinds of Web applications, sites, portals, knowledge bases, intranets, and extranets. Tiki is managed by the Tiki Software Community Association. For more information, visit http://tiki.org.