Paul Ashwell, head coach at Wyboston Lakes, said “I am really excited for Jamie. This is an outstanding achievement and is a big step in our plan for him to become a successful tournament professional.”
Competition was stiff in Abbott’s qualifying event with over 1000 entrants playing for 12 chances to lift the Claret Jug, Europe’s most prestigious golfing prize. In the final stage, at Kingsbarns, Abbott shot -4 to tie for second place, taking him into a playoff, from which he was able to secure a ticket to St Andrews.
# # #
About Wyboston Lakes Golf Centre:
• The 5916 yard long course offers golfers, from amateur to the keenest of swingers, a challenging course with fabulous lakeside vista including the 3rd, 5th and 7th which are testing par 3s surrounded by water.
• The golf course enjoys the expertise of golf professional Paul Ashwell, who was named by Golf Monthly magazine as the second best golf coach in the UK and is also the lead coach for England’s Under 18 squad.
• The golf course is open every day, weather permitting.
• Guests can also relax at the onsite health club or enjoy superb food created by award-winning chefs at the Waterfront Brasserie.
• Wyboston Lakes Golf Centre, Wyboston, Bedfordshire, MK44 3AL.
• Email email@example.com. Pro Shop Tel: 01480 223004