Proved oil and gas reserves of the top 20 large-cap North America independent exploration and production (E&P) companies increased in 2009, up from 28.4 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) in 2008 to 28.7 billion boe in 2009. Canadian Natural Resources Limited had the highest oil and gas proved reserves of 3,556.8 MMboe among the top 20 large-cap North America independent exploration and production (E&P) companies. Decreased exploration and drilling activities along with a significant fall in unproved property acquisition costs led to fall in total costs incurred by the top 20 large-cap North America independent exploration and production (E&P) companies to $50.8 billion in 2009, down by 37.6% from the previous year. Total acquisition spending decreased by 60.0% in 2009, down from $23.9 billion in 2008 to $9.6 billion in 2009, mainly due to the fall in unproved property acquisition costs.
The report provides in-depth analysis and insights into companies' capital spending, revenues, oil and gas reserves, production, and performance measures. Its scope includes:
* Detailed and unique insights information on the key operational and financial parameters. The report provides a comprehensive overview of production, production change, production growth, reserves, reserve changes, reserve growth, capital expenditures, acreage, performance metrics, valuation metrics and results of oil and gas operations.
* Provides annual information on key operational and financial parameters for the period 2005 to 2009.
* Benchmarks the US and Canadian independent E&P companies on operational and financial parameters.
* Companies covered include; Canadian Natural Resources Limited, Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Devon Energy Corporation, Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Apache Corporation, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, EnCana Corporation, EOG Resources, Inc., Talisman Energy Inc., Nexen Inc., Pioneer Natural Resources Company, Canadian Oil Sands Trust, Noble Energy, Inc., Ultra Petroleum Corp., Southwestern Energy Company, Newfield Exploration Company, Range Resources Corporation, Petrohawk Energy Corporation, El Paso Corporation and Questar Corporation.
* The Top 20 Large-Cap North America Independent Exploration and Production (E&P) Companies: Financial & Operational Fundamental Analysis and Benchmarking report is based on publicly available data filed with the U S Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other similar agencies worldwide. This has then been analyzed by GlobalData's in house team of experts.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
* Rank your performance against other top 20 large-cap North America independent exploration and production (E&P) companies using operational and financial benchmarking metrics
* Identify M&A targets from up-to-date information and in-depth analysis on financial and operational parameters of your competitors.
* Formulate your strategies based on in-depth analysis of your competitors in oil and gas markets.
* Improve decision making on the basis of peer comparison.
* Exploit the strengths and weakness of your closest competitors by comparing and analyzing their financial and operational parameters.
For more information or to purchase this report, go to:
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at http://www.fastmr.com/
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.