Proved oil and gas reserves of the top 10 large-cap Canadian independent exploration and production (E&P) companies decreased in 2009, down from 11.4 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) in 2008 to 9.7 billion boe in 2009. Canadian Natural Resources Limited had the highest proved oil and gas reserves of 3,556.8 MMboe among the top 10 large-cap Canadian independent exploration and production (E&P) companies. Decreased exploration and drilling activities along with a significant fall in unproved property acquisition costs led to the total fall in total costs incurred by top 10 large-cap Canadian independent exploration and production (E&P) companies to $ 17.0 billion in 2009, down by 40.1% from the previous year. Total acquisition spending decreased by 58.2% in 2009, down from $ 6.0 billion in 2008 to $ 2.5 billion in 2009, mainly on account of fall in unproved property acquisition costs.
The report provides in-depth analysis and insights into companies' capital spending, revenues, oil and gas reserves, production, and performance measures. Its scope includes:
* Detailed and unique insights information on the key operational and financial parameters. The report provides a comprehensive overview of production, production changes, production growth, reserves, reserve changes, reserves growth, capital expenditures, acreage, performance metrics, and results of oil and gas operations.
* Provides annual information on key operational and financial parameters for the period 2005 to 2009.
* Benchmarks the Canadian independent Exploration and Production (E&P) companies on operational and financial parameters.
* Companies covered include; Canadian Natural Resources Limited, EnCana Corporation, Talisman Energy Inc., Nexen Inc., Canadian Oil Sands Trust, Penn West Energy Trust, Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp., ARC Resources Ltd., Enerplus Resources Fund and Pengrowth Energy Trust.
* The Top 10 Large-Cap Canadian Independent Exploration and Production (E&P) Companies: Financial & Operational Fundamental Analysis and Benchmarking report is based on publicly available data filed with the U S Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other similar agencies worldwide. This has then been analyzed by GlobalData's in house team of experts.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
* Rank your performance against other top 10 large-cap Canadian independent exploration and production (E&P) companies using operational and financial benchmarking metrics
* Identify M&A targets from up-to-date information and in-depth analysis on financial and operational parameters of your competitors.
* Formulate your strategies based on in-depth analysis of your competitors in oil and gas markets.
* Improve decision making on the basis of peer comparison.
* Exploit the strengths and weakness of your closest competitors by comparing and analyzing their financial and operational parameters.
For more information or to purchase this report, go to:
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Table of contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 8
2 Reserves and Production Analysis 11
2.1 Analysis of leading 200 North American Oil & Gas Companies 11
2.2 Top 10 Large-Cap Canadian Independent Exploration and Production (E&P) Companies, Oil & Gas Reserves Trend, 2005-2009 12
2.2.1 Total Proved Oil and Gas Reserves, 2005-2009 12
2.2.2 Oil and Gas Finding and Development Reserves Additions, 2005-2009 13
2.2.3 Oil and Gas Reserves Replacement Additions (Excluding Sales), 2005-2009 15
2.2.4 Oil and Gas Finding Reserves Additions, 2005-2009 16
2.2.5 Proved Oil Reserves Trend, 2005-2009 17
2.2.6 Proved Gas Reserves Trend, 2005-2009 18
2.2.7 Proved Oil Reserves as a % of Total Oil and Gas Reserves, 2005-2009 20
2.2.8 Proved Gas Reserves as a % of Total Oil and Gas Reserves, 2005-2009 21
2.3 Top 10 Large-Cap Canadian Independent Exploration and Production (E&P) Companies, Oil and Gas Production Trend, 2005-2009 22
2.3.1 Oil and Gas Production Trend, 2005-2009 22
2.3.2 Oil Production Trend, 2005-2009 23
2.3.3 Gas Production Trend, 2005-2009 24
2.4 Top 10 Large-Cap Canadian Independent Exploration and Production (E&P) Companies, Reserves and Production Trend, 2005-2009 25
2.4.1 Oil and Gas Reserves Growth, 3-Year, CAGR, 2007-2009 25
2.4.2 Oil and Gas Reserves Growth, 5-year, CAGR, 2005-2009 26
2.4.3 Oil and Gas Reserves Change, 2008-2009 27
2.4.4 Oil and Gas Production Growth, 3-Year, CAGR, 2007-2009 28
2.4.5 Oil and Gas Production Growth, 5 Year, CAGR, 2005-2009 29
2.4.6 Oil and Gas Production Change, 2008-2009 30
2.5 Top 10 Large-Cap Canadian Independent Exploration and Production (E&P) Companies, Reserves Life Ratio, 2005-2009 31
2.5.1 Oil and Gas Reserve/Oil and Gas Production Ratio, Years, 2005-2009 31
2.5.2 Oil Reserve/Oil Production Ratio, Years, 2005-2009 32
Full Table of Contents is available at:
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at http://www.fastmr.com/
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.