However, you find yourself at the keyboard, fingers ready to go, but nothing comes. What do you write about and where do you start?
Here are some ideas you can adopt to make it easier to put fingers to keyboard and let the words flow.
1. Firstly think about your passions, interests and hobbies. When you are passionate or interested about something, what you feel about that particular topic comes out more easily as you are usually quite well versed in it also.
2. Think about what sort of person you want to attract as a reader and as a potential prospect. Who is like-minded for you and what would they be reading? Then write about something that would be of mutual interest for you both. This way, you will form a good connection with the person, after all, business is all about the people we connect with.
3. Write about topics and interests that have nothing to do with your business necessarily. If you love animals, write an article about animals, for example; How to Communicate with Animals; How to Train Your Dog; Farming with Purpose; Healing with Horses etc.
4. Begin the article with a fact and then rather than draw out the fact and back it up with more facts, paint a picture for people; tell a story. So, as Joe Vitale explains in his article writing, start with a fact and back it up with a story. It taps into the person’s subconscious mind that deciphers information through imagination and pictures; it is a powerful part of the brain- utilize it.
5. Look up article examples and structures on Free Press Release- http://www.prlog.org/
6. In the resource box you get to give more information about yourself in the "about the author" area that is included in every article and this is where you can promote your opportunity or business which can tie into the piece you just wrote about. For example:
“Briony Pettigrew is a long-time animal friend and caretaker. She runs a farm and has several horses on her large stud in mainland Victoria, Australia. She is very passionate about partnering with animals to make a difference on the planet. If you share Briony's passion for helping people and animals (and want to earn a substantial living while doing it), visit ThisGreatWebsite.com for more information.”
This strategy can work with any topic or interest you may have like, bushwalking, nursing, gardening, beekeeping, shoe shopping etc.
All in all, just think about what kind of people you want to attract, and write about things that would interest both of you. That way, you're sharing useful information while creating a common bond between you and them AND the person is already related to you by the time they click on your link and look at your website.
You can also visit www.IdeaMarketers.com and sign up for a free writer's account and when you do that, they will email you some auto-responders that have EXCELLENT information about how to write your articles.
Also you may want to jot down ideas as you get them so that all you have to do is refer back to the list you have created and go from there.
It’s all about enjoying what you write about because if you are not enjoying it, it will come through and will be communicated to the person reading your words.
# # #
Briony Pettigrew is the author of this article. She is a Mum-preneur, Philanthapreneur and Business owner. Briony believes in being a part of the solution in the world and living a life of PURPOSE. She believes in doing more than just “appreciating”