The Proactive Sleep Alarm Clock is an example of such a naturalistic technology, where simply setting an alarm clock at night collects data on sleep. Additionally, Proactive Sleep can be used to track various other behaviors over time, which include a cognitive/motor task to measure morning grogginess and optional survey questions on sleep onset, sleep efficiency, mood, exercise, diet, productivity, alcohol use, caffeine intake, and medication use.
Sleep Tip: how refreshed you feel is largely affected by two things: sleep amount and time of day. These components of sleep have a major impact on the severity of "sleep inertia," or in other words, grogginess experienced upon awakening from sleep.
- Sleep and Habits Diary that tracks: sleep amount, time of sleep, difficulty falling to sleep, and sleep efficiency, in a addition to mood, productivity, exercise, diet, caffeine use, alcohol use, and medication use.
- Set alarm clock music to anything in iTunes and shuffle up to 3 songs
- Relaxing ambient music.
- Snooze feature
- Notepad to write about daily activities
- Set and track sleep goals
- Stimulating Game for difficulty waking up and also for measuring morning grogginess
- Edit and delete sleep entries
- Researched information about sleep
Check it out at www.proactivesleep.com!
# # #
Proactive Life believes that when science meets technology products that are proactive and healthy can emerge. Specifically, we make iPhone applications that people can use to improve their daily lives. Our first application is based on sleep.