The course is tailored for utility company personnel involved in Smart Grid, distribution, IT, system architecture and new technologies, as well as regulators, attorneys and smart grid consultants, service providers and vendors. Topics covered will include:
• The benefits of interoperability
• Examples of live test data showing differences between conformance and interoperabiity achievement
• The role of utility/engineering departments in assuring proposed systems conform to standards and are interoperable with other systems
• Status of Smart Grid standards development and what it means to utility IT/engineering
• Validation of claims of conformance to open standards and interoperability with other Smart Grid components
• Achieving mature Smart Grid interoperability
The course defines standards-based interoperability and conformance;
“The next generation Smart Grid will comprise a variety of standards and devices that will present intricate interoperability challenges,”
“Smart Grid interoperability standards are evolving at a rapid rate,” said Rik Drummond, CEO Drummond Group Inc. and current chair of the Testing and Certification Committee for the Smart Grid Interoperability Panel Governing Board. “Our goal in this course is to provide participants with a strong foundation in these emerging standards that will allow them to create a mature, interoperable smart grid project.”
QualityLogic and Drummond teamed up recently to participate in an effort led by Battelle Memorial Institute for the Pacific Northwest Smart Grid Demonstration Project (www.smartgrid.gov/
For more information and to register for Fundamentals of Interoperability, go to the EUCI site (http://www.euci.com/
QualityLogic is a highly respected provider of testing products and outsourced quality assurance and engineering services. The Company provides a flexible menu of services at customers’ sites, at QualityLogic’
• Smart Grid technologies and products must be interoperable to succeed, and QualityLogic is in the forefront of interoperability test solutions.
• IT departments in companies of all sizes look to QualityLogic to ensure their web applications or websites meet their quality objectives.
• Marketing groups rely on QualityLogic to provide independent validation of their competitive advantages.
• Printer and MFP OEMs, ODMs and technology providers rely on QualityLogic test solutions to validate their products’ performance, conformance to industry standards, and interoperability with other hardware and software products.
• Network infrastructure equipment manufacturers, carriers, and telecom service providers use QualityLogic fax test equipment to ensure interoperability with fax traffic from traditional devices and across the Internet.
For more information, visit http://www.qualitylogic.com.
ABOUT DRUMMOND GROUP INC.
Drummond Group Inc. (DGI) is the trusted interoperability test lab which works with standards groups, software/firmware vendors and industry groups to drive adoption of standards by offering global interoperability and conformance testing, and certification. DGI facilitates these testing services under association-
• DGI provides interoperability certification for M2M or business-to-
• Drummond Group manages the KANTARA INITIATIVE’s Global Interoperability Program to provide interoperability testing for Identity information exchange for the US government and the global leaders in identity.
• Drummond Certified® software and firmware is required in RFP’s around the globe to ensure seamless, secure, interoperable products which make implementation easy, thereby significantly reducing costs.
For more information, visit http://www.drummondgroup.com/
QualityLogic, Inc., email@example.com, 805-531-9030
Drummond Group Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-826-2938