Awards Dinner Hosted at Crest Hollow Country Club
(HEMPSTEAD, NY) - One Hundred Black Men of Long Island, Inc. recently held its 35th Annual Scholarship Gala at the Crest Hollow Country Club.
“On behalf of the Officers, Board of Directors, and Members of the 100 Black Men of Long Island, Inc. I would like to thank everyone who participated in the 35th Annual Scholarship Gala,” said Phil Andrews, OHBMLI President. “Their support helps to fund our African American History Academic Challenge (History Bowl) and mentoring programs, and various other programs of the 100 Black Men of Long Island, Inc.”
The Gala was an elegant evening that included a sumptuous cocktail hour, full course dinner and dancing.
WBLS Radio host Dr. Bob Lee served as Master of Ceremonies, and entertainers TASE provided neo soul, new R&B, and funk musical performances.
This year’s Gala sponsors include Nassau Community College and National Grid.
Gala Honorees included:
• Mr. Roger Tilles, NYSED Board of Regents for Improvement in Education
• Mr. Aziz Gueye Adetimirin, The Network Journal Communications Inc. for Advancement in Communication & Media
• Mrs. Betty Monroe, Director of Defense Contract Management Agency of Long Island for Dedication in Government Services
• Dr. Michelle Snell, Associate Professor, Suffolk Community College for Commitment to Mentoring
• Rev. Hilton O. Smith, Turner Construction Company for Contribution to Economic Development
The primary focus of the 100 Black Men of Long Island, Inc. is to prepare young people who may be at risk for the future by assisting in the enhancement of their academic skills and by increasing their educational opportunities.
The programs that directly address this focus are: Mentoring, Scholarship, Achievement Awards, African-American History Bowl, Job Training, and Health & Wellness. The Gala is held in support of those programs.
Visit us @ http://100blackmenoflongislandinc.blogspot.com
CONTACT: Public Relations Chairman, Warren Woodberry Jr., ohbmli.press@
# # #
PA Public Relations Company is a New York based Public Relations Firm. PA Public Relations Company Specializes in small to medium sized firms.