PRLog - May 21, 2010 - NOIDA, India -- Ayurvedic Weight Loss Tips for Kapha type constitution
1. Bitter, pungent, and astringent tastes are recommended. Ginger and spring-churna are especially recommended.
2. Mix the juice of 5 large slices of fresh pineapple with the juice of 2 slices of hot peppers, pimentos, or paprika. Mix 1 part each turmeric, triphala, and trikatu with 2 parts honey; take 1/8 teaspoon once a day with 1/2 cup of warm water.
3. Warm, spicy aromas help stimulate kapha to burn fat. Recommended essential oils are eucalyptus, pine, musk, and sage.
4. The color red is recommended to stimulate sluggish kapha.
5. Listen to the sunset raga or music between the hours of 7PM and 10 P.M.
6. Get a daily dry massage (garshana) using a silk glove. It is very stimulating. Make an herbal paste of 1 part millet and 1/2 part each dashmoola and bala (Sida cordifolia) mixed with a little spring water. Rub this vigorously onto your skin wherever you have fatty deposits, then rinse.
Ayurvedic Weight Loss Tips for Vata type constitution
1. Choose bitter, pungent, and astringent tastes, such as those found in the spring churna. Add sweet taste in the form of rice and dates. Add a little oil to your foods.
2. Essential oils with sweet, warm aromas help calm vata and your nervous system, so choose jasmine, clove, rose, cinnamon, and orange scents for your aromatherapy.
3. The color yellow-green is recommended.
4. Listen to the late-afternoon raga or music.
5. Get daily full-body oil massage (abhyanga). Combine 3 drops of rose essential oil with 2 teaspoons sesame or almond oil. Apply this to your wrist and to the back of the head where the skull meets the neck bones.
Ayurvedic Weight Loss Tips for Pitta type constitution
1. Emphasize bitter, pungent, and astringent tastes. Eat plenty of bitter foods such as bitter melon, dark green leafy vegetables, bitter lettuces such as arugula, and tart apples.
2. Use essential oils with sweet, cool aromas such as honeysuckle, mint, and jasmine scents for your aromatherapy.
3. The color indigo blue is recommended.
4. Listen to the midmorning raga or music.
5. Give yourself a 10- minute garshana (dry) massage every morning using a silk glove.
By Ayurveda, you can permanently retune your mind-body's ability to regulate itself by calming the nervous system, enhancing your digestive fires, and regulating the storage of energy and fat in order to treat obesity.Weight Loss tips from Ayurveda for Kapha, Pitta and Vata types
# # #
Desi Dieter: India's Premium Site for Free Diet and Nutrition Plans | Offering personalized nutrition and fitness plans | programs for weightloss diet and diabetes diet | yoga tips | home remedies for beauty | Skin | Heart.