First option is Mtkvari at Vardzia Cave Complex. This category has three routes:
1. Mirashkhani – Tmogvi Castle, 8 km distance, difficulty rate 2-4.
2. Vardzia – Village Pia, 6km distance, with difficulty rate 4.
3. Khertvisi – Aspindza, covers 10km, difficulty rate is 1-2.
Rafting on the Mtkvari River near Vardzia costs GEL 40.00 per person.
Second option is to make rafting on Mtkvari at Borjomi. This also has several routes:
1. Village Kvabiskhevi – Borjomi, 12km distance, difficulty rate is 2-4.
2. Chitakhevi – Borjomi, covers 8km distance, with difficulty rate of 2-4.
Detailed information about the rafting routes in Georgia, its tips and photos can be seen here: http://www.adventure.ge.
Rafting on Mtkvari River at Borjomi costs GEL 35.00 per person.
The rates include service and training of an instructor, rafting jackets, helmets, shoes. Each rafting boat accommodates 6 persons and an instructor.
Adventure Club Jomardi is dedicated to rafting. “Jomardi” means “rafter" in old Georgian language. The company’s initial focus was the rafting tours. Information about rafting in Georgia is availabel at: http://www.jomardi.ge in Georgian language.
Adventure Club Jomardi can arrange picnic and transportation service for you, upon request. You are charged GEL 15.00 for picnic and GEL 10.00 for transportation from Tbilisi to the destinations and back.
# # #
Adventure Club Jomardi is an incoming Tour Operator based in Tbilsi, Georgia. It conducts rafting, biking, trekking and cultural tours throughout Georgia, as well as online booking of hotels and tours. Jomardi's highlight is eco- and sustainable tourism.