A capital campaign is underway to raise the funds needed to bring the Denis back to life. In the meantime, the Foundation invites South Hills and Pittsburgh residents to come to Mt. Lebanon’s Uptown to see a movie, enjoy the shops and restaurants, and see how wonderful it will be to get movies back to Washington Road.
What is Last Saturday Cinema?
• A free outdoor film series
• Shown on the last Saturday of each summer month starting at 9pm
• Providing a great outdoor movie experience, with comfortable seating, in the heart of Uptown Mt. Lebanon
• Movie selections:
o June 26 - Singin In The Rain (1952)
o July 31 - To Sir With Love (1967)
o August 28 - The Heart of The Game (2005)
Last year’s Last Saturday Cinema was a huge hit with almost 900 patrons attending
• Movies will be shown on Parse Way behind the Denis Theatre
• Screen, projection and sound equipment provided by Pittsburgh Filmmakers
• Covered area – movies will be shown rain or shine
• Comfortable seating for 300 people
Last Saturday Cinema is presented in cooperation with Mt. Lebanon Parking Authority and Pittsburgh Filmmakers. Co-Chairs for 2010 are Ellen F. Waite and Conrad Waite.
For more information on the Denis Theatre, please visit www.denistheatre.org.
# # #
The mission of The Denis Theatre Foundation is to renovate, re-open and operate the Denis Theatre as an independent film theater, community cultural center and key contributor to the region's economic vitality.