Significant time and focus will be paid to the common MBA essay types. Attendees will learn how to construct impactful MBA application essays through a step by step writing process.
The Workshop is 1 PM to 4 PM on Saturday, May 15th and will cover the following areas:
* Overview of the MBA Application Process and the GMAT exam.
* How to Get the Right Recommendation
* Timing the MBA Applications - Round 1 vs. Round 2 vs Round 3
* Full-time vs. Part-time vs. Executive MBA Programs
* School Selection, School Visits and MBA Program Fit
* Nuances of the MBA Interview and Resume
* Overview of the common MBA Application Essay Themes - Career Goals, Significant Leadership, Failure/Mistake, Personal Values and Beliefs, "Creative" expression essays.
* Avoiding common mistakes and pitfalls when filling out the final MBA application.
* Considerations for MBA Re-applicants and the Waitlist
In order to accommodate the number of attendees, the Workshop has moved from UCLA Anderson to a new Santa Monica location.
* The Coloft
* 920 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401
In order to ensure a quality experience, space is also limited to 25 attendees. An RSVP is required to attend. Reserve your spot online at http://la-mba.org/
# # #
The Los Angeles MBA Admissions Workshop is LA's largest member-directed, pre-MBA seminar series. Founded in 2008 by Paul Lanzillotti, a UCLA Anderson MBA and former admissions interviewer, the Los Angeles MBA Admissions Workshop (http://la-mba.org/)
Held approximately every four weeks, the Workshop is conducted in a classroom lecture format and covers the following areas:
* MBA Application Strategy and Planning
* MBA Essay Writing and Resume Editing
* MBA Program, School Selection and Visits
* MBA Timing, Deadlines and Application Submission
* MBA Recommendation Letter Approaches
* MBA Reapplicant, Older, Younger Applicant and Special Circumstances Planning
* MBA Admissions Committee Insight and Interview Preparation
* MBA Waitlist Response, Admissions Rejection and Ding Analysis