All funds raised are in support of the programs and services Marklund provides for infants, children and adults with severe developmental disabilities.
The stars come out and lend support
Every year the Marklund Golf Classic attracts many Chicagoland sports celebrities, all of whom support Marklund. The following celebrities will play golf:
• Eddie Arroyo, Horse Racing Hall of Fame
• Bob Avellini, Chicago Bears
• Ronnie Bull, Chicago Bears
• Bill Campbell, Chicago Cubs
• Buzz Capra, New York Mets
• Robin Earl, Chicago Bears
• Billy Gardner, Chicago Blackhawks
• Ted Hendricks, Football Hall of Fame
• Gene Hiser, Chicago Cubs
• Randy Hundley, Top 100 Cubs of all time
• John Jouota, Chicago Bears
• Billy Leagans, Los Angeles Rams
• Bill Maddock, Chicago Cubs
• Bob Miller, Baseball Hall of Fame
• Stan Mikita, Chicago Blackhawks
• Emery Moorehead – Chicago Bears
• Rich Nye, Chicago Cubs
• Bob Parsons, Chicago Bears
• Dan Pasque, Chicago White Sox
• Jack Perconte, ChicagoWhite Sox
• Bill Pierce, Chicago White Sox
• Paul Popovich, Chicago Cubs
• Willy Roy, Chicago Bears
• Eric Soderholm, Chicago White Sox
• Tim Tyrell, NFL
• Al Weis, Chicago White Sox
• Bill Wennington, Chicago Bulls
• Bob Will, Chicago Cubs
Going once, going twice
The annual golf outing is known for outstanding items and trips to be auctioned at the banquet. To name a few:
• Napa Valley wine country experience featuring chauffeur, wine train, and five night stay at the Marriott Napa Valley + airfare for two
• Jimmy Kimmel Live experience including the VIP Green Room, a three-night stay, and airfare for two
• Six-hour private sail on Lake Michigan for a party of six on a 36 ft. sailboat with a captain and crew
• Blackhawks – two tickets and a Zamboni ride, plus signed sticks from Patrick Kane, Marion Hossa, and Cristobal Huet
• Skybox tickets on June 25 for a Cubs/Sox game
• Racetrack day with a top GT 1 Class professional driver at Autobahn CC in Joliet
• Vacations - Hilton Head, Mexico, Hawaii
• and many more…
“We are thrilled to announce just a few of the live auction items,” said Tracy Beattie, director of the golf outing.
The live auction will be conducted by David Goodman, owner of Auction Results in Chicago. He is one of a select number of professional auctioneers who devotes all his time to raising money for charities. He is a graduate of the Missouri Auction School which is considered to be one of the best in the country.
For the third consecutive year, George Webster, president of RAM Mechanical is chairing the golf outing. The title sponsor for the 28th Annual Marklund Golf Classic is Porter Pipe & Supply Company of Addison, and a major sponsor is Hilton Chicago-Indian Lakes Resort.
Partner sponsors include Ahead, LLC; Architectural Resources & Technologies, Inc.; Bob Korvas Insurance Agency; Chuck Sheets; InfoTrack; Irving Press; and The Mutual Fund Store.
Newcomers who want to become involved in a quality charity event with meaning and results are welcome. Such involvement will go a long way toward Marklund's mission to serve its residents and keep performing ‘little miracles’ every day.”
The Marklund Golf Classic costs $550 per golfer. Foursome sponsorships range from $2,200 to $3,000. For more information, call Tracy Beattie at 630-430-5312;
# # #
Marklund, a not-for-profit located in Geneva, IL, provides services for infants, children and adults with severe developmental disabilities.