As with the recently introduced DBArtisan XE line, Rapid SQL XE includes support for all database platforms with a single product, interface and license, and also includes Embarcadero®
“As the application and database landscape becomes increasingly heterogeneous, developers must adapt by working proficiently on multiple platforms,” said Michael Swindell, senior vice president of marketing and product management, Embarcadero Technologies. “Rapid SQL XE enables IT and development managers to maximize their database development productivity by standardizing on a single tool that allows them to work on all database platforms – even ones they are not familiar with – using a single interface and minimal training.”
The intuitive SQL editing, debugging and optimization tools integrated into Rapid SQL XE help developers overcome the learning curve associated with developing for different types of databases and create high performance SQL code with optimal efficiency.
Rapid SQL XE is the second Embarcadero product to include Embarcadero ToolCloud as a standard feature. ToolCloud provides centralized licensing and provisioning plus on-demand tool deployment to improve tool manageability for IT organizations with multiple users of Rapid SQL or other Embarcadero products. Embarcadero InstantOn, also included with Rapid SQL XE, gives developers click-and-run access to Rapid SQL XE from anywhere on their network with zero-install requirements on their local machines.
Rapid SQL XE includes several feature enhancements, such as:
• Unicode Support - Unicode is the internationally recognized method to support global data and allows users to work with data in different languages and display the text correctly on screen.
• InterBase and Firebird Support - Rapid SQL XE introduces native support for InterBase and Firebird with connectivity, object management, SQL editing and execution facilities, and project support.
• Object Filtering - Rapid SQL XE delivers three new filtering capabilities most requested by our customers: name-based filtering, user-defined object name filtering and node filtering. These new filtering enhancements enable developers to better control the user interface and work more efficiently.
• Enhanced ISQL Editor - The ISQL editor now supports “on-the-fly”
• Data Editor - Improvements to the data editor include simplifying record creation and default value handling to quickly add multiple records.
• User Interface Enhancements - Rapid SQL XE continues the ongoing efforts to standardize object editors and wizards to improve workflow and the user interface experience.
Rapid SQL XE also includes new data source management features, object management enhancements for Oracle, DB2 z/OS, DB2 LUW and SQL Server, and enhanced currency and support for DB2 z/OS and LUW and Windows 7. Rapid SQL XE supports all major databases including IBM® DB2® for LUW, DB2® for z/OS, Firebird, InterBase, Microsoft® SQL Server, MySQL®, Oracle® and Sybase®.
For more information on Rapid SQL XE, watch an introductory video at http://www.youtube.com/
Pricing and Availability
Rapid SQL XE is now available starting at $1,495. Existing Rapid SQL customers who have purchased support for two or more database platforms can upgrade to Rapid SQL XE for $895.
Embarcadero, the Embarcadero Technologies logos and all other Embarcadero Technologies product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
# # #
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is the leading provider of software tools that empower application developers and data management professionals to design, build, and run applications and databases more efficiently in heterogeneous IT environments. Over 90 of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero’