PRLog - May 3, 2010 - NEWTOWN, Pa. -- The stars in Hollywood always seem to set the precedent for what is the hottest way to lose weight and get into shape. From Step Aerobics to Belly Dancing we have seen fads come and go over the years. Stars and celebs don’t spend a ton of money on large expensive equipment anymore and they seem to focus on the styles of exercises that get good solid results. Their bodies are lean and healthy and we see that on TV or Internet and we always want to know their ‘secrets’.
Team Fitness America
The interesting thing is that they don’t have secrets! They use exercises that trainers have used for years in different combinations and intervals and they stick to the workouts. Most Americans try something for a week or two and give up but as a celeb your body is your job so there is no room for error. Throughout this article, Team Fitness America provides the 5 hottest trends that require little or no money investment and can be done by using a certified personal trainer as your coach and mentor.
1. Running is back. In the 1970’s it was a staple in celeb workouts and was replaced by the famous Step classes in the 80’s. Now it is back and with celebs like Kate Holmes completing the New York marathon in five and a half hours, more and more people realize the benefits of running and cardio condition to get into shape. Over the years we have seen stars like Oprah and Lance Armstrong trend set the art of running long distances by training for and completing a marathon. Each celeb has prepared for such an event by hiring a personal trainer that can coach and condition them to the specifics of running and gear their bodies to burn the right amount of calories at the right time. Running specific trainers and ‘run coaches’ are available to handle nutrition questions, training questions and how to properly prepare the body for such an event that takes time, skill and cardio conditioning.
2. Slideboards are the newest rave for butt sculpting and leg sculpting. Jessica Biel and Valerie Garner are famous for using the slide board with their trainer. Their toned butts and thighs show that the Slideboard helps tone but not bulk up their muscles. The idea behind having a nice round butt hit when Jennifer Lopez came on the scene and we thought it was just good genetics. With the advent of the Slideboard now women all over can have a great toned butt that isn’t bulky or overly muscular. A lot of women have resisted doing squats and lunges because their thighs and glutes get too big and they can’t wear jeans. With the advent of the Slideboard, emphasis is purely on glutes and the nice round shape that women desire can be obtained.
3. H.I.T. workouts. These workouts purely focus on high intensity training (H.I.T.) and are done usually on a treadmill or stepper. Alternating 2 minutes of running, 2 minutes of walking or stepping over a period of 35 minutes to give the body a cardio shock or boost and increase the metabolic rate quickly to burn extra calories throughout a short span. No weights are used so toning the body does not come into play but the quick burst of high intense cardio workouts makes the body burn more calories quicker and faster. With H.I.T. workouts you will need to still do weights and core exercises for toning and shaping but if time and equipment are a factor these are easy quick bursts of exercises that the average person can fit in between doing a load of laundry and picking up the kids from soccer.
4. Circuit training using full body weight. Stars do not have time to do cardio, weights and play sports like a lot of Americans so they lump it into one quick workout and make the results more powerful. Alternating weight bearing exercises like squats and lunges with 2 minutes of cardio, like running or jogging in between sets keeps your heart rate up and your body constantly burning calories and fat. With circuit training you get to tone the body and the fat melts off the lean muscles that you are building quickly and save precious time by building all of the exercises into one workout rather than having to do 2 or 3 hours of weights and cardio each day.
5. Mat Pilates. Pilates combines lengthening and strengthens the muscles using the core body weight and sometimes a stability ball. The exercises are usually performed lying down and require a good mind body connection. Within two weeks you will notice marked improvement in balance, coordination and even start seeing cuts and ridges in the muscles of the stomach. While Pilates may seem hard at first, many people simply can’t grasp the roll up or the main exercises into the series, but with a ball and physical assistance from your personal trainer you will get the moves down in no time and start seeing great results.
With so many different styles of exercises advertized and so many different pieces of equipment to buy on the market fitness can seem overwhelming and daunting. A great in home personal trainer can measure your body fat, assist with your diet and nutrition and recommend the best exercise that will get you the results that you want in no time. As the celebs are, you must remain committed to the exercises plan and stick through it. For them this is a way of life and it should be for you too if you want a celeb fit body.
For more information about Team Fitness America, visit http://www.teamfitnessamerica.com.
# # #
Team Fitness America offers a wide variety of home based fitness services, such as personal trainers, yoga instruction, Pilates programs, bridal fitness, weight loss, and much more. Team Fitness America's personal trainers are all nationally certified.