Sample Prep is an internationally recognized event for experts in sample preparation for detection and identification of viruses, toxins and pathogens, and will address the important phases of sample preparation including collection, concentration, lysis, target extraction and transfer to analytical identification tools.
This year’s keynote address will be delivered by Dr. Raymond P. Mariella, Jr., Senior Scientist at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Dr. Mariella will discuss continuous-flow microfluidics for sample preparation including the use of standing-wave ultrasonics and variations of electrokinetic manipulations.
Other Program topics include:
- Microfluidics technologies for sample preparation
- Nucleic acid sample preparation
- Sample preparation for detection of pathogens in water
- Laboratory automation and sample preparation
- Sample preparation for detection of viruses and bacteria
Utilizing the latest web conferencing technology, delegates can now participate virtually in this cutting-edge meeting. Webcast subscribers will be able to view presentation slides, watch and listen to live video and audio feeds, and will even be able to ask questions of the presenters. Webcast attendees will also receive access to the recorded sessions on-demand after the conference is over.
- David S. Alburty, PhD, InnovaPrep LLC
- Mary Amasia, PhD, University of California, Irvine
- Haim H. Bau, PhD, University of Pennsylvania
- John Clarkson, PhD, Atlas Genetics Limited
- Quitterie Desjonquères, Bertin Technologies
- Mark W. Eshoo, PhD, Ibis Biosciences, Inc., a subsidiary of Abbott Molecular
- Shawn R. Feaster, PhD, Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Vincent Gau, PhD, Genefluidics
- Haiqing Gong, PhD, Nanyang Technological University
- Yousef Haj-Ahmad, PhD, Norgen Biotek Corp.
- Yakov Kaplan, PhD, Invetech
- Raymond P. Mariella Jr., PhD, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Andre Marziali, PhD, Boreal Genomics and University of British Columbia
- Jennifer McLaughlin, Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense, US Army
- Chris Melançon, Spyglass Biosecurity, Inc.
- Liviu Movileanu, PhD, Syracuse BioMaterials Institute, Syracuse University
- David R. Pawlowski, PhD, CUBRC, Inc.
- Jay A.A. West, PhD, Arcxis Biotechnologies
- Li Zhu, PhD, GE Global Research, General Electric Corp.
- Peng Zhou, PhD, Rheonix Inc.
About The Knowledge Foundation
The Knowledge Foundation integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing members of its Technology Commercialization Alliance with direct and unbiased state-of-the-
# # #
The Knowledge Foundation integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business.