PRLog - April 28, 2010 - Summer Internship/Training
Under Skill Development Initiative scheme
Vocational Training Provider-NIVT, affiliated to
DGE&T, Govt. Of India, Ministry Of Labour and Employment
NIVT the Vocational Training Provider invites Applications from students of Govt. / Privately funded Engineering colleges, for 6-8 weeks Summer Internship/Training, starting from June, 2010.
The training (under SDI scheme) fees Rs.2000 for Java and Rs.1000 for soft skill initially will be funded by Novel Research and Development India (P) Ltd.
The eligibility and selection procedure are given below.
1. Students studying for a B.Tech/BCA Degree in CS/IT or those in EE/ECE/Math whose work intersects with CS, may apply for this programme, by submitting or sending their CV. B. Tech/BCA. III year students will be given preference, but B. Tech. II year students may also apply. B.Tech. CS/ECE/IT students of III year only will be considered for this program.
2. All students selected for this programme will be required to deposit Rs. 800 as assessment fees of Fundamentals of Java Language or Soft skill and Rs.800 for J2EE/.Net training program. All expenses, including travel and accommodation, will have to be borne by the students themselves. Those students enroll for J2EE they need to appear for Java assessment and those will enroll for .Net they need to appear for Soft Skill assessment. Appearing the assessment by the authorized assessing body of DGE&T, Govt. Of India is mandatory.
3. Successful students who are awarded the certificate from NCVT, Govt. Of India which will be valid to Employment Exchange. On successful completion of the training under SDI scheme assessment fees will be reimbursed by the DGE&T, Govt. Of India.
1. The essence of the scheme is in certification that will be nationally recognised by both the government agencies and industry/trade organisations.
5. The last date for receiving applications is 30th April 2010.
6. DGE&T will appoint assessing bodies to assess the competencies of the trained persons.The assessing body will be an independent agency, which will not be involved in conducting the training programmes. This, in turn, will ensure quality of training and credibility of the scheme. Keeping in view the target of providing training/testing of one million persons throughout the country and to avoid monopoly, more than one assessing bodies will be appointed for a sector or an area.
One can select any one of the following Prgramme:
1. Java(Under SDI Schme) +J2EE (Project /Case study)
2. ASP.Net(Project /Case Study)+Soft Skill( Under SDI Scheme)
Successful persons will be awarded certificates issued by National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT).ASP.Net & J2EE project training certificated would be provided by NIVT.
8. Applications on prescribed format provided by DGE&T, Govt. Of India are to be submitting to NIVT head office at Salt Lake or sent by post to the following address along with a DD/Cheque of Rs.1600 in favour of “Novel Research and Development India (P) Ltd.”, by mentioning ‘Summer Internship’ on the envelope:
Industrial Training Centre
Affiliated to NCVT, DGE&T, Govt. Of India
Ministry Of Labour & Employment
BG-5, Sector-II, Salt Lake City
Kolkata-700091, TEL: 23217716/18