PRLog - March 30, 2010 - WALTHAM, Mass. -- A global non-political organization of Madheshis - called the Non-Resident Madheshis Association (NRM-A) - has been formed on 30th March 2010 in USA with its representatives in several regions of the world. The goal of the NRM-A is to foster the identity and the awareness of the issues of Madhesh and Madheshis, and to promote the welfare of all Madheshis. The NRM-A strives to have its chapters or representatives in every country or region with a significant presence of Madheshis.
The Non-Resident Madheshis Association (NRM-A)
The objectives of the NRM-A are:
• to promote the awareness of Madhesh and the Madheshi identity around the world
• to educate the world about the problems and issues of Madhesh and Madheshis
• to participate in the social and economic development agenda of Madhesh
• to voice a concern for the rights of all Madheshis
• to encourage the investment and development projects in Madhesh
• to promote tourism in Madhesh
• to promote an environment of cooperation and support among the Madheshi students and professionals
The founding members of the NRM-A comprise of Chandra Kant Raut (US) as a president, Parameshwar Mahato (US) as a secretary, Binita Kumari as a treasurer, and regional representatives Basant Kushwaha (UAE) for Africa and the Middle East, Pramod Thakur (Australia) for Australia, Ajay Jha (China) for East and Central Asia, Mahesh Isar (Nepal) for Nepal, and Surendra Narayan Yadav (India) for South Asia.
# # #
The NRM-A is a global non-political organization of Madheshis living abroad, to foster the identity and the awareness of the issues of Madhesh and Madheshis, and to promote the welfare of all Madheshis.