Paweł Bujak, Datapolis’ CEO, says: “Workbox and its unique handling of state workflows is a perfect solution in those cases, where process relies on individual decisions. Needless to say, that this very environment is present in every modern business organisation. The weak points of the majority of processes based on traditional solutions are their high complexity and lack of flexibility. Implementing Datapolis Workbox gives both the company’s IT department and the person responsible for designing business processes a common tool, which speeds up the process implementation and eliminates the risk of doubling their work.”
The product’s innovative features are:
• Graphical Designer (process visualisation)
• State workflows describe a given process in human-recognized terms. They are composed of two layers: process definition layer and activity layer; the latter can be interpreted as a set of sequential workflows (separate workflow for each state-to-state transition). Process diagram displays only the states and transitions between them, which makes the process easier to both design and analyze.
• Workbox workflows are based on SharePoint workflows and use SharePoint’s resources and mechanisms.
• No programming required – processes can be created by individuals or groups of employees without IT-related skills.
• Exporting and importing of both raw workflow definitions and complete site templates with included content (and workflows). This allows for moving workflows between different environments.
• Embedded workflows can be created. This helps in building complex processes, which can also be optionally divided. Process needs to be prepared only once, but can be reused multiple times in other, larger processes. This means that changing a sub-process can also influence more general processes, making it easier to redesign them to suit changing conditions.
• It can be extended with custom-built extra features.
• Workflows can be controlled externally via web services.
• Intuitive access to all available workflow actions via context menu of a list element.
• Easy integration with CRM, ERP and other external systems.
Datapolis Workbox software is fully integrated with Microsoft SharePoint and requires no installation of additional database or workflow engines. Software is easy to use and fast to install (max. 15 min).
• Microsoft Windows 2003/Windows 2008
• Microsoft WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007 with SP2
• .NET 3.5
• Microsoft Silverlight 2.0/3.0 plug-in (designer users)
• Web browser
Datapolis Workbox is available in three configurations:
More information, along with a list of resellers, can be found on software vendor’s website:www.datapolis.com
# # #
Datapolis.com Ltd is a leading designer of Microsoft SharePoint-based solutions implemented across the whole world by several dozen Partners, majority of which hold a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner status. The company’s clients include: ThyssenKrupp Steel USA, Dana Corp, Gridpoint, North American Interconnect, SRA International and Dubai Consultancy Research & Media Centre. In native Poland, Datapolis’ solutions has been implemented, among others, by Bilfinger Berger, TÜV NORD POLSKA and Eurobau Sp. z o.o. Datapolis’ range of products and IT solutions is addressed to large and medium-sized enterprises. The company is focused on implementing information flow systems (corporate intranets), as well as on designing Microsoft .NET-based advanced software solutions.