Mirrors are a great way to create a new look on a small budget. They can make a smaller space seem larger and also reflect natural light, making a room seem brighter and livelier.
Here are a few tips and tricks you can use to decorate with mirrors that are easy, fun and inexpensive:
- You can use an old frame or molding to border your mirror; you can easily attach the decorated piece to a mirror using liquid glue.
- Decorating an old mirror with flowers, garland or decals gives it a new flair.
- If you want candles by your tub, place mirrors under them to catch the flicker of candlelight, to make the atmosphere more relaxing.
- To create the illusions of more space add a mirror that covers the wall from one end to the other.
If you would rather transform your entire bathroom into a new luxurious spa, there are plenty of design and decorating options available. Each can make your home more enjoyable and valuable.
- Buy a new shower enclosure or invest in a steam shower to remodel your bathroom. Remodeling your existing shower into a steam shower is fairly easy for professionals to install. Steam showers are like having a spa in your home; they are relaxing and can give you an escape from the outside world.
- Add different lighting. Dimming lights are best, you can easily adjust the settings to make the room brighter or dim them when you want a more relaxing, intimate mood.
- Decorative glass or glass etching can add simple elegance to any window.
- New matching bathroom accessories can change your bathroom from feeling playful to classy in an instant. New towels can give a little bit of extra color to help change the mood of your room.
- Painting the walls a new color or adding a colorful, patterned wall paper can make your bathroom more inviting and unique.
If these ideas still aren’t enough, you can add an entire new bathroom to your home. Adding a new bathroom has become the most popular home remodeling project in the last year, according to the U.S. Remodeling Sentiment Report. The report also predicts there will be a 13 percent increase in homeowners wanting to remodel in the next 12 months.
“Remodeling doesn’t mean you have to tear out the sink, counter and tub and replace them with a steam room,” said Matt Nicklaus, owner of Glass Doctor of the Inland Empire, based in Hesperia, Calif. “We work with interior decorators, such as Decorating Den Interiors, to install standard mirrors and glass tub or shower enclosures. It’s a great way to create a unique atmosphere for your bathroom and maximize your budget, because we do the work ourselves, we don’t subcontract.”
The Glass Doctor and Decorating Den Interiors teams work together to help your remodeling project go smoothly and exceed expectations. Mirrors, shower enclosures or windows from Glass Doctor can increase your home’s value, whether you decide to remodel or simply use mirrors to brighten up the space after a long winter. If only the spring cleaning could be so easy.
To find your local Glass Doctor call 1-866-318-9304 or visit the Glass Doctor Locator found on our website www.glassdoctor.com. If you are interested in remodeling, find a Decorating Den Interiors representative near you by visiting www.decoratingden.com. If you want to know more about the U.S. Remodeling Sentiment Report survey go to www.remodelormove.com.
# # #
In addition to replacement services for home, auto and business, Glass Doctor offers custom glass services, such as tub and shower enclosures, entry door glass and mirrors. To find the location in the U.S. or Canada near you, visit www.glassdoctor.com.