Tickets can be booked at their office. You can also book at the local travel agencies but this has some small disadvantages
- they charge a handling fee of about 20.000 VND
- If you pay with credit card, they'll add 3% commission (unlike Vietnam airlines)
- If you want a refund of you ticket, you'll loose not only 10 US$ cancellation fee, but also the 5% commission of the travel agent.
Vietnam Airlines (central booking office)
- 1 Quang Trung, Hanoi
- tel. 825 0888, fax. 824 8989
- website : Vietnam Airlines (timetables)
From Hanoi: to Danang & Hue 1.000.000 VND, Saigon 1.900.000
From Saigon: to Hue & Danang 1.000.000 VND, to Nha Trang 650.000 VND, to Dalat 450.000 VND, to Hanoi 1.900.000
From Danang: to Nha Trang 550.000, to Dalat 850.000 VND
PS: prices for Vietnamese are about 50% of the above stated prices.
International flights from Saigon: to Pnom Penh 70 $, to Singapore 242 $ with Vietnam Airlines and 287 $ with Singapore Airlines, to Kuala Lumpur 160 $, to Bangkok 170 $
Visa: Use visa on arrival – get your passport stamped at Vietnam airport for saving time. You will need 2-3 days for normal service and 1 day for urgent service.
# # #
Since 2003, http://www.vietnamvisaonline.net provided online visa services which uses unmatched, cutting-edge online technologies, you can apply for Vietnam visa simply by filling out one universal, 100% paperless electronic form.