“With the number of approved apps in Apple’s App Store topping 100,000 and Android already nearing the 20,000 mark, the recent boom in mobile apps has pushed uTest to the next level,” said Doron Reuveni, uTest CEO. “Getting high-quality web, desktop and mobile apps to market ahead of the competition is more important than ever before. And by enabling apps to be tested in as little as 48 hours, and for a fraction of the cost of traditional outsourced testing shops, uTest is helping our customers thrive.”
Customer, Community and Company Growth
During the fourth quarter, uTest grew its marketplace, and successfully:
• Signed more than 50 new customer deals, including online stock broker, Zecco; desktop security company, Security Coverage; and Electronic Medical Records software provider, Soapware.
• Added nearly 2,500 new testers, growing its community to more than 21,000 professional testers from 160 countries worldwide.
• Bolstered its executive team, naming John Montgomery Vice President of Project Delivery.
• Launched “Battle of the E-Tailers,” uncovering 500+ Bugs in Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com, which was covered by USA Today, Mashable, Fast Company and eWeek.
Adding New Platform Functionality
New uTest platform features make it faster and easier to assemble the right testing team for web and mobile projects. Bug reporting is quicker and more accurate, and bug data is more structured and easier for customers to analyze. Here’s a snapshot of new features:
• Test Cycle Cloning: Customers can create a new testing project using all the settings from a previous test cycle (e.g. scope of work, testing requirements, locations, environments, and the list of testers) with just a few clicks.
• Custom Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs): Customers can upload and attach a custom NDA to any project, which testers must read and agree before starting a release.
• Incorporating Test Cases: Testers can submit a completed test case directly through the platform and customers can track testing coverage in real time.
• Efficient Test Team Building: Customers can more easily invite back favorite testers from previous projects.
• Real-Time Coverage Reports: uTest now provides its customers with real-time reports that track testing coverage across tester locations, OS, browser, handset makers and wireless carriers.
Recent Awards and Accolades
Additionally, uTest won several independent awards in Q4 of 2009, including:
• “Top 5 Best Corporate Blogs” in Mashable’s Open Web Awards (after half a million votes for 80,000+ sites)
• “Top Innovator Winner” at the New England Venture Summit by youngStartup Ventures
• Commendation of Excellence Award from the Society for New Communications Research (SNCR)
• Under the Radar Graduate Circle, one of only five companies named sector leaders
• GTAC presenter, CEO Doron Reuveni was chosen to present at 4th Google Test Automation Conference
# # #
uTest is the world's largest marketplace for software testing services. The company provides real-world testing services through its community of 22,000+ professional testers from 163 countries around the world. More than 500 companies - from web startups to global software leaders - have signed up for the uTest marketplace to get their web, desktop and mobile applications tested. More information can be found at http://www.utest.com or the Software Testing Blog at http://blog.utest.com.