1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release

Carbon Monoxide is a Killer

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colourless and odourless gas caused by faulty or badly installed gas appliances. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include drowsiness, headaches, nausea and breathlessness.

 
Jan. 4, 2010 - PRLog -- Carbon monoxide can leak from faulty furnaces or fuel-fired heaters or can be trapped inside by a blocked chimney or flue. Burning charcoal inside the house or running an a vehicle engine in an attached garage also will produce carbon monoxide in the home.  The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have indicated, the installation of a carbon monoxide detectors as one of the main steps one can take to reduce the risk of being poisoned by carbon monoxide.
It has been reported that The Chief Executive of the Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering (CIPHE),(http://www.netplumb.co.uk) had a carbon monoxide detector installed at his mother’s home. The alarm went off on the detector within days of being installed. This was crucial as the detector alarm most likely prevented a serious toxic poisoning and could be said to have saved her life. (http://www.myproblemfixed.co.uk)
People die from CO poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained or are not correctly ventilated. About 200 people die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning associated with home fuel-burning heating equipment in the United States and over 50 people die from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning every year with 200 people being seriously injured according to NHS direct statistics. (http://www.tradesquote.co.uk)
The Chief Executive of (CIPHE) said: “We considered that my mother was at low risk of CO poisoning, as the only fossil-fuelled appliance she has is a gas cooker. This shows how easily potential hazard can be ignored.
The advice from Netplumb a leading Plumbing and Heating Company in London is to
ensure that a Gas Safe registered engineer works on your heating systems. If an
engineer is not Gas Safe Registered they would be breaking the law. The Gas safe
Register has replaced the CORGI gas register in Great Brittan and the Isle of Man.
According to the Gas Safe Register – All Plumbers and Heating engineers on the
register have been checked to make sure they are competent and qualified to work
safely and legally with gas. Netplumb also joins with the industry to strongly advice
that every home using gas have a Carbon Monoxide detector installed.

# # #

TradesQuote is a service set up to help the general public find and honest and reliable tradesman. It has been proven very difficult and expensive to find a local and reliable tradesman in the UK. All customers have to do is 'post job' and sit back and let the tradespeople contact them. Simple and Easy. Find us @ http://www.tradesquote.co.uk

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@tradesquote.co.uk Email Verified
Source:TradesQuote
Industry:Home improvement, Diy
Tags:Carbon Monoxide, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Carbon Monoxide Detector, Plumber In London, Local Builder, Plumber
Shortcut:prlog.org/10474526
Verified Account Email Address

Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Trending News...



Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share