1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release

Weight Loss Diet with Long Term Results

Doctor designed weight loss diet for patients with lasting results.

Jan. 3, 2010 - PRLog -- Chicago Doctor sets patients on the right track with substainable weight loss diet. Dr. Amarish Dave', a board certified neurologist, guides patients on a weight loss program to lose weight and transform their life through small changes in diet without any exercise or gimmicks.

The program involves a very simple, but overlooked 80/20 concept. Dr. Dave', states, "Most people eat reasonably healthy 80% of the time, however their weight slowly accumulates over months and years due to the 20% of their diet that sabatoges the other 80% that's reasonably good." For example, Dr. Dave' explains that he has patients in the program that eat their fruits and vegetables, but don't realize the white flour pasta they are eating 4 days a week has a lot of empty calories and a simple substitution with whole grain will result in two things. First, studies show patients that eat a high fiber meal will consumer 18% less calories without any guidance because it's more filling. Secondly, the high fiber helps process fats through the colon and reduce their absorption. Both, result in long term weight loss and health benefits such as reducing cholesterol and blood sugar. As a neurologist, Dr. Dave' says these two health benefits alone reduce his patients' risk for stroke and neuropathy, two common neurologic diseases.

The key in the program is to find foods that his patients consume regularly and find healthier substitutions without eliminating any food completely. For example, most people don't realize a substitute for a fried piece of chicken 3 days a week for a grilled piece can save as much as 200 calories and several grams of fat. Well, thats 2400 calories a month, and 8lbs per year in weight loss. Dr. Dave', states,"I explain food changes to people in terms of pounds, not so much calories. It's much clearer to people to say you make this one or two substitutions a week, and if you do nothing else, in a year you will lose 15lbs." That's tangible.

A big part of the program is education and much of the information is communicated via his website, http://www.neurologistcare.com.

Dr. Dave' practices in the Chicago suburb of Crystal Lake, IL. Patients can call his office to make an appointment: 815 477 1555 or 815 337 7100.

# # #

Dr. Amarish Dave', is a board certified neurologist in private practice in Crystal Lake, IL. His practices takes cares of all adult neurology problems and has an additional focus on preventive care and nutrition.

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@neurologistcare.com Email Verified
Source:Dr. Amarish Dave'
Phone:815 337 2060
Location:Crystal Lake - Illinois - United States
Industry:Health, Fitness, Medical
Tags:Weight Loss, Diet, Neurologist, Neurology, Weight Loss Program, Loss Weight, Weight Lose, Losing Weight, Weight Gain, Dieting
Verified Account Email Address

Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Trending News...

Like PRLog?
Click to Share