1. DC is the abbreviation for direct current. According to the Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Resource Center, direct current is current that flows in one direction. In order to change the direction of current flow, you must reverse the polarity of a battery by switching the wires. With current moving in one direction, the current source will have sufficient energy for operation. Direct current can be generated using batteries, solar fuels, fuel cells and some generators.
What Is AC Current?
2. AC is the abbreviation for alternating current. The NDT Resource Center explains that alternating current flows constantly in alternating directions. The current in most homes is alternating current; it comes from power plants to the loads or outlets within homes and businesses. AC(such as: Toshiba PA3283U-1ACA AC Adapter
AC Transformer Advantage
3. AC has the advantage of transformers which can be used to control low-voltage and high-voltage current. As AC is more desirable in transmitting electricity over long distances, transformers both at the plant site and home or business can control the surge of electricity passed between the two points. This flexibility ensures the safe transmission of current regardless of voltage level.
DC Usage and Limitations
4. DC does not operate with the benefit of transformer capability because the electric flow moves in one direction. As a result, the voltage can only travel shorter distances without losing power. The primary power source of direct current is the localized battery as opposed to an external power plant.
5. AC-to-DC adapters are used to operate many small devices that run on direct current power. AC adapters (such as:hp zd8000 ac adapter http://www.udtek.com/
)convert high voltage AC electricity from the wall outlet to the low voltage DC power of the product they are powering. AC adapters power products such as mp3 players, camcorders, digital cameras, laptops and phones.
6. DC adapters are mostly inexpensive and available in many voltage and current output variations but their use is limited. This adapter channels existing direct current from battery- or generator-powered direct current sources like batteries from cars, motorcycles and other vehicles to low-voltage direct current products. According to ApogeeKits, DC adapters come in two types, regulated and unregulated. Unregulated DC adapters are more common and are still the most common type of power adapter in use today. They are suited for dedicated applications working with standard power output and little need for power surges to facilitate use of the product.
Udtek.com delivers high quality laptop batteries, laptop AC adapters, Laptop keyboards, Lcd chargers, DVD drivers, Scooter chargers and more. Our unique product lines of over 1000 diverse accessory power products and replacement batteries and adapters provide our customers with an extensive selection of the best quality products available.