PRLog - Dec. 11, 2009 - HOUSTON -- Infrastructure Modeling is a solution for extra-large infrastructure Projects to 3D model ranging from information and telecommunications, Utility, Facility & Road, banking and finance, energy, chemicals and hazardous materials, agriculture, food, water, public health, emergency services, transportation, postal and shipping, government and defense.
3D modeling solution
IMI incorporate all detailed digital models of building including the Exterior, Interior, Structures, HVAC, Fire, emergency Systems, Electrical & Plumbing lines etc into a single 3D model to assist you with a complete Infrastructure 3D Model which would be very useful for infrastructure design, remediation and operations in construction and post construction stage.
Infrastructure Modeling comes up with an intellectual and complete solution to get better visualization, simulation and analysis of complex infrastructure assets and development plans.
Now-a-days infrastructure modeling becomes an inherent part of the current industry as industry trends have been changing regularly with the factors liker resource scarcities, aging infrastructure, rising energy substitutes, and sustainable design imperatives. IMI bring together design, GIS and asset management solutions to cope up with the changes of industry trend.
Project Stakeholders are now able to combine several sources of data from CAD, GIS and 3D modeling systems that will provide assistance to get better design for new systems (designing smart electric utility grids, setting up city projects, or supervision of complex telecommunications networks) and deal competently with already built infrastructure.
Different kinds of Infrastructure Modeling Softwares are available in the market - AutoCAD Map 3D 2010, AutoCAD Raster Design 2010,Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise 2010, and Autodesk Topobase 2010.
► Benefits of IMI
• Defend and make safe infrastructure systems efficiently with the preparation of system design, rehabilitation and development systems modeling for critical infrastructure systems.
• IMI provide assistance to check for any conflicts, collision, fouling or overlapping in design process.
• Visual illustration of the infrastructure networks throughout the simulation run. This signifies a considerable and dynamic feature of the simulation progress.
• Any rectification or amendment is possible at the design phase which results in saving of approximately 35% of design sequence time.
• IMI creates a saving for construction cost on average of 20% with the reduction of errors at the construction place.
• Evaluate and resolve system vulnerabilities efficiently with initial modeling of the system at a number of scalable levels of infrastructure.
• The ability to change parameters during simulation execution to facilitate “what if” analysis;
• IMI also ensures the structure of the system, the interconnection between its elements or components, the relational influences and how changes confined to a small area have an effect on the whole system and its lower level components over time.
• Easy availability of information of coordinates, dimensions, details without performing searching & referring multiple drawings.
• With these 3D models one is able to get the view from any angle and take out any number of Plans, Elevations, Sections etc
• With IMI almost 50 % of interaction & interdepartmental meetings are decreased in comparison with 2D drawing.
• IMI provides incorporated information systems that generates better and well informed decision.
• IMI can further be utilized for Engineering Analysis & Simulation, Facilities Management, Project Planning and more.
This publication provides information on “How Infrastructure Modeling Information can provide safety to different kinds of infrastructures”
9950,Westpark Dr., Suite 205,
Houston, TX 77063
Toll Free : 888 876 8783
Cell : 832 283 6628
Phone : 713 780 2135
Fax : 713 780 8784
# # #
Pinnacle Infotech Solutions is the market leader in the Building Information Modeling industry. The company's core competency lies in solving complex problems in the AEC domain. Pinnacle has been thrice selected among the top 50 IT innovators by Nasscom, the premier trade body and the chamber of commerce of the IT-BPO industries in India.