What: Sunnyvale Pecan Harvest Festival
When: Saturday, November 14, 2009
12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Where: 600 E. Hwy 80 (on Fischer’s Antiques Farm)
Sunnyvale, Texas 75182
Phone: (972) 226 - 8984
Who: Sponsored by Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce for everyone who loves good old-fashioned family fun.
Details: Discover why Sunnyvale is the hidden treasure of Dallas County by joining us at the first annual Sunnyvale Pecan Harvest Festival. Highlights will include:
· A fantastic Classic Custom Car and Truck Show from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
· An all-day line up of great live music, including the Dallas Christian Jazz Band, the Neckties, Joe Milton, Stavely, The Same Heart, Becky Mullowney, J Withrow, New Alchemy and Grammy-winner Art Greenhaw, leader of the Light Crust Doughboys.
· Take a walking tour guided by Texas A&M agri-business expert Michael Golla through a real, working pecan orchard which will be accentuated with large contemporary sculptures created by nationally-renowned mosaic artist, Barbara Dybala
· See beautiful Sunnyvale from the sky with an aviation tour that includes the festival, pecan orchards and Lake Ray Hubbard in a private airplane for only $25 per ride
· Sample a vast array of food throughout the event, including sCRUMBScious Pies, authentic Fletcher corny dogs (the Fletcher family invented corny dogs and Vickie Fletcher will be attending in person), barbeque and much more
· Showcase your baking skills in the pecan pie, cake, cookie and candy contest, judged by celebrity Chef Andre Bedouret of the Milestone Culinary Arts Center
· Enter your pictures of Sunnyvale in the photography contest. Winning photos will be featured in the 2010 Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce Calendar
· Kids will enjoy batting cages, games, pony rides, hayrides, face painting and more
· The day will be topped off with a family-friendly sock hop, from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
For more information on the Pecan Harvest Festival, please visit http://www.sunnyvalechamber.com/