The Bay Area Coalition for Employment Development (BACED), announced today that its business and economic update conference has been designed for professionals, employers, unemployed, business owners, and providers. Attendees will receive comprehensive updates on legislative and regulatory changes from a slate of expert speakers and practical tips for dealing with these changes in this time of economic uncertainty.
San Jose, CA, (www.baced.us)
"This year's conference is designed specifically to address the employment needs of both corporate and disenfranchised populations…
Almost two decades since the last mass collaborative employment-focused conference, the employment-development community will unite again through over 30 sponsoring organizations and businesses such as the Employment Development Department (EDD), Department of Rehabilitation (DOR), the office of San Jose’s City Council member Nancy Pyle, Infinera, and Thrush Technologies.
The U in I conference expects to attract 400 individuals and aims to provide transition options to underserved populations such as individuals with disabilities. Some workshops include:
- Marty Nemko: Keynote Speaker – “Lookism” How Looks Influence Employment
- Forecast of Current Job Creation Legislation, Employment of Young Adults by Maya Enista, CEO, Mobilize.org and 80 Million Strong
- How Business Can Increase Their Profit Margin Using Employment Programs by Larry Robbin, Robbin & Associates
- Cisco's Employee Resource Group for People with Disabilities by Pamela Dirks Burke and Marilyn Nagel, Cisco Managers
- National and Local Employment Trends by Priscilla Azcueta, VP of Business Solutions, Manpower
- Working with Individuals Formerly Incarcerated by Maureen Nelson, MA, Sr. Career Counselor, Oakland Private Industry Council
- Gary Karp: Endnote Speaker - We're Making History! The True Renaissance of Disability
BACED was established in 1987 and is the leading employment coalition in the Bay Area representing over 40 agency members. BACED provides businesses with qualified applicant referrals, business incentives, retention assistance, and provides monthly trainings and tours to providers and corporate partners of local resources.
# # #
About BACED: Established in 1987, the Bay Area Coalition for Employment Development is the leading employment coalition in the Bay Area, representing over 40 organizations including businesses, nonprofits, educational institutions, and government agencies.