1. Latisse: Used daily, this topical treatment - application is very similar to applying eyeliner - can honestly give you longer and fuller natural eyelashes. It comes at a price though. Depending on the salon, the price can range from $100+. If you have the cash though, it's an amazing investment. It's not a one-time deal though, so be prepared to continually use this product if you aim to keep your lashes looking longer and fuller. Also, I found that I used less product by purchasing my own applicator brush. Any thin eyeliner brush will do the trick (see below for a perfect example). Talika Lipocils Gel and RapidLash Eyelash Renewal Serum have also been known to achieve similar results on a smaller budget.
2. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler: I invested in mine 2 years ago and haven't looked back. My friend, Angela, loves getting ready at my place just so she can use mine haha. I'm telling you it's a cult classic.
3. Mascara That Goes VaVaVoom: Now, I am well aware that there are dozens of beautifying mascara's out there and everyone's lash requisites are different. My friend, Michelle, splurges on the Shu Uemura Mascara Basic while Angela will use anything Lancome. I, on the other hand, will live and die by Dior Diorshow - in black of course. It volumizes, defines, lengthens, never clumps, never flakes and smells like absolute heaven. Give it a try, give it a whiff, and you'll be screaming its praises as well. When my wallet's tight, Maybelline New York Great Lash in Very Black takes care of my eyelash needs.
4. Longlasting Curl: You can achieve this by using your hair blower. Try it 2 ways. One, aim your hair blower at your eyelash curler on low/warm setting for a few seconds. On your first try, remember to test the warmth of the eyelash curler before heading straight to your eye and causing any injury. I don't think that I need to tell you that eye patches were so last year. Second way to use your hair blower - after applying mascara, aim your hair blower at your lashes at a cool/upward setting.
5. Lash Lovely Trend: Bored out of your skull with your lash routine, go edgy, be punk. Urban Decay offers five different shades to coat your lashes with - Black Cherry, Electric Blue, Flipside, Indigo and Purple Haze.
6. Bold Definition: Have you ever noticed that when you wear black eye makeup your lashes magically disappear? Thanks to falsies, we've solved this problem. Great now we can focus on that whole global warming issue. However, in all seriousness, you can also enhance your lash appeal by applying a bright eye shadow such as the shimmery emerald in Nars Misfit Duo to your lids. Instant definition.
7. Apply Falsies Like The Pro's: Most of us look head on into the mirror during this process. For a better view, position a hand mirror below your chin and gaze down.
8. Skip It! Supposed lash-curling mascara's. Some of them may work, but what's the point if you can simply employ your hair blower to do the same thing? Plus, most lash-curling mascara's don't offer other high points such as volume and lengthening.
9. Skip It! Lash tints. I must admit that I was strangely drawn to the new lash tint at Sephora - Tarte 4 Day Stay Stain. In fact, I was just about to purchase it when I asked the woman at the cash register what she thought about the new product. She recommended it for individuals who have naturally fair eyelashes. So if you have brown or dark lashes, just stick to your mascara. It gives you a much better overall look anyway. Also, I've encountered both good and bad reviews for Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lash Tint. There were issues with water and washing, clumping and the worst review of all, brittle lashes. Just say no.
10. Skip It! Lash primer. While extremely effective, it can get pricey having to buy both mascara and the primer. Instead, double your lashes by applying translucent powder prior to your mascara.
# # #
About GIRLFRIEND APPROVED.COM: