Your first thought should be who might be best qualified to solve your IRS problem. After all, don’t you really want to hire the BEST TEAM for the job! But do you really need to hire an individual tax attorney?
Here are some qualifications and experiences you should look for in choosing the best tax professionals to solve your IRS problem:
- Professional Certification (attorney, CPA, Enrolled Agent)
- IRS revenue agent and manager experience
- Full service tax firm (tax preparation, bookkeeping, and tax problem resolution)
- “A” rating by the Better Business Bureau
Attorney, CPA, or Enrolled Agent
Attorneys, CPA’s and Enrolled Agents can all represent you before the IRS. The IRS grants these tax professionals the same authority to represent you. They all have equal access to the IRS and can resolve your tax controversies.
This might be one of the most important qualifications you should look for. Although a tax professional may have years of experience dealing with IRS problems, are they getting the best results? The single most important qualification your tax professionals should possess should be former IRS revenue agent or management experience. Tax professionals, with years of former IRS experience dealing with tax controversies on a daily basis, really know how IRS thinks. These former IRS tax professionals can get better resolutions because they can establish a good rapport with the IRS employee and “speak their language”.
Not all tax professionals operate full service tax firms. A full service tax firm will provide bookkeeping, tax preparation, tax planning, and tax resolution services. You might not know that the IRS will not resolve your tax problem if you have unfiled tax returns. If you have unfiled tax returns, this could be a problem for you. If you hire a tax attorney to represent you, you’ll probably need to have someone else prepare your unfiled tax returns. Attorneys specialize in litigating legal issues and not in preparing tax returns. Then it becomes your responsibility to make sure that both the attorney and tax preparer are aware of your unique circumstances, so that your tax returns and IRS defense are consistent.
One of the ways you can check out the credentials and worthiness of a company is to review their Better Business Bureau rating. There are many tax professionals in the tax resolution industry. Very few of these companies are given the best rating (A rating). You may have seen advertisements from some companies that claim they will settle your tax dispute for pennies on the dollar. Beware of these claims! We suggest that you save yourself time and money by reviewing the Better Business Bureau for those tax professionals with whom you’re considering hiring as your representative.
JG Tax Group a nationwide tax resolution firm made up of a team of tax attorneys, CPA’s and Enrolled Agents. Our tax attorneys have outstanding IRS experience as former attorneys in the IRS’ Office of Chief Counsel. Our team has over 120 years of combined IRS experience as Senior Tax Attorneys, Revenue Agents, Appeals Officers, Associate Chiefs, and Area Director of Appeals. Our team has resolved thousands of tax controversies. We’ve seen it all at the IRS and know how to get the quickest and best solution to your problem. For instance, we can get a wage garnishment released within 3-4 business days once we’ve received your documentation.
JG Tax Group provides a full array of tax related services. If you need to have your prior years’ tax returns prepared before you can get your IRS problem solved, we’re there for you and can complete tax returns, sometimes within 1 business day after we’ve received your tax information.
Our services include:
- Resolving IRS problems – unfiled tax returns, back taxes, wage garnishment, and more
- Preparing tax returns – can complete returns in one day if needed
- Audit support – IRS audit defense
- Appeals defense – Offer in Compromise, Forms 941 (employment taxes) , innocent spouse, and more
- Litigation support – Tax Court, Court of Claims (trained mediators on staff)
- Bookkeeping services - full service offered to get your books in order
- Tax planning – avoid future IRS tax problems (no more back tax and unfiled return problems)
- JG Tax Group has an “A” rating by the Better Business Bureau. We actually do what we say we’ll do. That’s not the case with some of our competitors. Don’t take our word for it. Check out our rating on the BBB website.
We’ve had many satisfied customers. Here’s an e-mail we received from a satisfied customer who couldn’t pay the IRS and was faced with being evicted from his apartment, if the IRS continued their enforced collection actions. Our client tried to solve his problem directly with the IRS himself, but he found that the IRS pushed him around. The IRS forced him to agree to a monthly payment that was too high and didn’t leave him enough money to pay his rent.
Our client called and said that he need us to do to two things
1. Stop the IRS’ enforced collection actions and give our client until to January, 2009 to get his financial situation in order
2. Negotiate a payment plan with the IRS that involved reasonable monthly payments
After we were retained, we immediately stopped the IRS from collection on the tax debt and we worked out an excellent payment plan. Our client has his life back. He’s still in his apartment and is able to make the reasonable payments to the IRS each month.
Here’s a brief of what we did to stop the IRS and solve our client’s problem.
· 9/22/2008 – client called us and explained that he needed immediate help with his IRS problem
· 9/23/2008 – we reviewed our client’s IRS computer files and determined the best course of action
· 9/30/2008 – we submitted a CAP (Collection Appeals Program) Appeal to immediately stop IRS’ enforced collection actions. We submitted a Form 9423 and was able to have a conference with the Collections manager within 2 days.
· 1/26/2009 - we represented our client at an Appeals hearing and got the IRS to agree to a reasonable monthly payment plan (Installment Agreement)
· 1/28/2009 – we made sure that the IRS had completed the paperwork necessary to start the monthly payment plan and gave our client tax planning advice for the future
We’ve helped many others like Brian. JG Tax Group is ready to get you tax help by solving your IRS problem and getting your life back. No more sleepless nights. We provide the nation’s fastest tax resolution services. Please give us a call at (800) 536-3077 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and get immediate tax relief
# # #
JG TAX GROUP Staff Of:
Tax Attorneys,CPA's,Ex IRS Agents Our team of veteran ex-IRS tax professionals has over 120 years of combined inside-the-IRS experience.