What is PayPal?
In a nutshell, PayPal is an on-line payment processor that allows any individual or business with an email address to send and receive payments securely and easily simply using a bank account, credit card, debit card or stored balance. Your privacy is always secure since this security is an inbuilt feature in using the system. At no time will vendor or seller see each others personal of financial details.
How To Set Up A PayPal Account
1. The first thing you need to do is visit PayPal.com. Regardless of which country you are in PayPal will read your IP address (which is your on-line address assigned by your network) and automatically place your country location to the correct PayPal web address.
2. At the very top of the screen you will see "Sign Up", "Log In", "Help" and "Security Centre". You need to click the "Sign Up" text. I nearly forgot. If you are a business and want to open a business account you will need click on the "business tab" which is immediately below the menu options I've just mentioned. The sign up questions are similar, but for the sake of this article we'll assume you want to sign up as an individual. (I've written a separate article when signing up as a business.
3. If you pressed the "Sign Up" text, you will automatically be signing up under the "Personal" tab which is completely free and allows you to send and receive funds as long as t comes from another PayPal account and not a credit card.
4. The next screen simply confirms which country you are signing up from and what sort of account you would like to sign up for, Personal, Premier or Business. In the first instance click on the drop down menu and find the relevant country you live in, then in the personal box click on the Get Started" button.
5. The next screen will ask you some personal details such as, email address, choose a password, first name, last name etc. Fill these details in accurately.
Notes For Choosing A Password
As some extra notes on choosing a password, I would advise you to choose one that you don't use anywhere else. I.e. bank Internet access, or forum access. The reason for this is, it is easy for people to hack into your account simply by guessing that you'll probably use the same password as you use for other accounts. If you use a completely new one for PayPal, it is virtually impossible for anyone to guess your password. A combination of letters and numbers is always best. It's easier for people to guess names you may use, but guessing names and numbers you might use in combination is impossible for them to guess.
6. The next step is secure your debit or credit card details with PayPal. This information will vital later on since you'll be able to trade a great deal faster with this information stored on PayPal. You will be asked some further security details later, but for now just choose the appropriate option here.
8. As long as you've entered all of the correct details on the previous page, this page will ask you to confirm your sign up by checking your email. This is a security process that eliminates spamming and people signing up under false pretenses.
9. Once you've confirmed by email you'll be forwarded back to PayPal and asked this time to "Log-In" with the email address you gave previously and your password.
10. You are now on the account screen. You have several options open to you, such as sending money, requesting money, and merchant services etc. Have a play around with some the tabs to familiarize yourself with them and get to know them.
I've written some more instructions after signing up in another article and also some cool ways you can use PayPal to your advantage at Click Here for more info. That completes the sign up process and you're ready to go..
DesDrec Is Internet Marketer & Strategic eBay Marketer. He's given up his day job to work online full time. In the process he's actually helping more people to do this too at http://www.hotsellingitemsonebay.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?