• Topic: Communication Measurement on a Shoestring Budget
• Speaker: Angela Sinickas, ABC, International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Fellow, president of Sinickas Communications, Inc., and author
• Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009
• Time: 7:45–11:30 a.m.
• Where: The Colonnade Hotel, 120 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02116
• To register, go to http://yankeeiabc.org/
• Cost: IABC Members $60; IABC Student Members $30; Non-Members $80; Student Non-Members $40
All organizations, large and small, need to know if their communication programs are achieving the desired results. This workshop will help you determine if your communications are effective—and how to keep doing it on a shoestring budget. It will cover developing measurable communication plans, and how to measure your messages, channels, and outcomes. Some of these money-saving tips include:
• How to use observational measurement techniques
• Ways to find free research resources inside and outside your organization
• How to insert your research questions into other people’s surveys
• Using pilot/control groups to show the impact of different communication strategies
• Using past communication mistakes to quantify future communication results
Don’t miss this opportunity to meet and learn from the woman who wrote THE book on the communication measurement. To register for this event, please go to http://yankeeiabc.org/
About Our Presenter
Angela Sinickas, ABC, and an IABC Fellow, is president of Sinickas Communications, Inc., a 9-year-old international consulting firm that helps organizations plan and measure successful communications. She is the author of the manual How to Measure Your Communication Programs, a regular columnist for Strategic Communication Management and on the editorial boards of two professional journals. Her work has been recognized with 17 IABC Gold Quill awards, including two for her Web site, http://www.sinicom.com, which includes over 120 articles on measurement.
# # #
About Yankee IABC
The Yankee Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (Yankee IABC) connects professionals across all communication disciplines to inspire individual growth and overall industry excellence. Spanning five New England states, our members have easy access to a vast array of communication resources and networking opportunities. For more information, please visit http://yankeeiabc.org.