PRLog - Aug. 19, 2009 - Asus P7P55 WS SuperComputer motherboard is expected to be launched in September or October. The motherboard is designed for the new Intel Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs and boasts a lot of great features, expansion possibilities and great design.
Asus P7P55 WS SuperComputer
Let's go over the specifications of the Asus P7P55 WS SuperComputer:
* CPU socket: LGA1156 for an Intel Core i5 or Core i7 CPU (codenamed Lynnfield).
* Chipset: Intel P55 .
* Memory: 4 slots for dual-channel DDR3 2133(o.c.)/1600/
* Power phase: 16+3.
* PCI-E: 5 PCI Express x16 slots which can be configured with up to 3-way SLI or quad CrossFireXTM.
* CUDA support.
* TurboV EVO chip which allows for overclocking on the P7P55 WS through a Windows based application.
* 2 Gbit LAN connectors.
* 7.1 channel audio, HD, DTS.
* 6 SATA 3Gb/s connectors, room for plenty of storage peripherals on the P7P55 WS SuperComputer.
* 14 USB 2.0 connectors where 8 of them are placed at the rear panel and the last 6 are placed mid-board.
* 2 firewaire (1394a) connectors
According to Asus it is possible to fit the P7P55 WS SuperComputer with up to 4 Nvidia GPUs that should deliver as much as 4 teraflops of processing power. The board also features Asus' EPU that automatically lowers power consumption when the system is idle or work load is low.
The Asus P7P55 WS SuperComputer makes use of passive cooling only eliminating any noise from cooling fans on the board itself.
# # #
Latest news on what's to come in computer hardware, PCs, laptops, notebooks and more. Information on new technologies and upcoming releases. Please stop by at http://tomorrows-